HOW OFTEN

A

Anonymous

flushing oil is just a lower viscosity oil that is used as a medium to "carry" small particles and any old oil out of the system.the flushing oil is put in and the engine run for a short time to allow the oil to collect any "bits or dirt".

think you'll find that there are more detergents or cleaners in todays modern oils than in the flushing oils and the flushing oil isn't in the system long enough to dislodge any carbon deposits,your normal engine oil will take care of that.

most of our engines have been rebuilt to some stage or other and even though our odometers are showing mega miles {136k for me} that chances of our engines actually having done all those miles must be quite small.

skiddusmarkus

I'm probably going to use a flushing oil from now on but I've got a new engine which will always be run on synthetic and I'll be 100% confident of it's history.It would be wise to use a filter capable of catching the smaller deposits too(hence me asking Matty about his Sard ones on another thread)as the standard one may not be capable of it.

I always kept away from them on the old one as I couldn't guarentee the mileage was correct as it came from Japan and who knows how it was driven there.

O

Odin

oap-r said:
i luv you rob :shock: ,can i have your babies :p

couldn't have put it any better myself.anybody that does 3k oil changes in a road car is a mong :twisted:
I know I'm married mate but I'v not got that desperate yet fella :wink: .

With age come's wisdom 8) :wink:

rob

P

PaddyPower

pted for a 5w40 mix pure synthetic after advise from my mechanic mate. I realise that this is not what many of you use, but is it OK? I have not put it in yet so can change my mind.

Bare in mind it is a fun car and not an every day one, i only drive enthusiasticly (as it says on the oil bottle) when i use it.

A

Anonymous

PaddyPower said:
pted for a 5w40 mix pure synthetic after advise from my mechanic mate. I realise that this is not what many of you use, but is it OK? I have not put it in yet so can change my mind.

Bare in mind it is a fun car and not an every day one, i only drive enthusiasticly (as it says on the oil bottle) when i use it.
FFS why don't you just read the bloody sticky about oil recomendations :evil:
that's what it's for :!:

ashills

PaddyPower said:

with the oil that thin ull probably get it blowing out DV alot etc
and for once rob i agree with u about the 3k oil changes on a road car absolute waste of time

P

PaddyPower

I did read the bloody sticky and came home with some 10W60 mix part synthetic, untill my mate saw it and went mental and made me change for what i have now. As he is a mechanic and i am most definately not i listened to him. It still has not gone in so shall i change it back?

A

Anonymous

PaddyPower said:
go copulate alone,window licker :evil:

do you listen to the blokes that have found out thru experience or listen to some mong of a grease monkey that obviously doesn't know his anus from his elbow :?:

castrol rs 10w60 is the oil of choice.5w oil in this climate is far too thin :!:

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
Your getting better and better old man :wink: :lol: :lol: .
hardly surprising considering the practice i'm getting :wink: :lol:

he goes thru the sticky and buys the oil nearly everybody rec'ds.
so called "mechanic" then rec'ds an inappropriate grade of oil.
then he asks "what's the best oil for an R :?:

he's giving stoopid irish a bad name :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
he's giving stoopid irish a bad name :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
He is indeed :roll: :lol: .

But if you had read any of his other post's you would of already know that :wink: .

He should really stick to growing spuds and digging ditches :shock:

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
He should really stick to growing spuds and digging ditches :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: careful rob,we're going to end up getting banned :shock:

then there'll be no-one to abuse the little cherubs :lol: :twisted:

O

Odin

oap-r said:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: careful rob,we're going to end up getting banned :shock:

then there'll be no-one to abuse the little cherubs :lol: :twisted:

Coward :lol:

rob

O

Odin

oap-r said:
but i've already had 2 love letters from hannie about abusing a cherub :wink: :twisted: :lol:

Well I don't know how I keep getting away with it then :? :roll: .

Because I must be worse than you 8) :lol: .

rob

A

Anonymous

vpulsar said:
Well I don't know how I keep getting away with it then :? :roll: .

Because I must be worth than you 8) :lol: .
because the cherub i abused was more of a girl than what hannie is :twisted:

nah,it's cause you're bigger than everybody else :wink: :lol: