How much boost?

youngsyp

EssexAaron said:
anyone that thinks a rebuilt engine with a set of forges make a engine any more reliable is crazy.
Of course it does, if you're running decent boost levels !
Of course, that's just part of the story.....

Paul

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
EssexAaron said:
anyone that thinks a rebuilt engine with a set of forges make a engine any more reliable is crazy.

In that case I must be crazy!

Forged Pistons are stronger and disapate heat quicker than the standard Cast Pistons, which in turn makes them far more reliable especially at higher boost/heat/pressure levels..

RishiGTiR said:
In that case I must be crazy!

Forged Pistons are stronger and disapate heat quicker than the standard Cast Pistons, which in turn makes them far more reliable especially at higher boost/heat/pressure levels..
i fail to see how 1.2 bar is high boost! thats what we are talking about on this thread.. ive been building engines for a long time, but cant be asked for a arguement

gunmetalgtir

EssexAaron said:
Obviously you haven't been building them long enough to know that this statement isn't correct! :lol:

Radleigh

EssexAaron said:
i fail to see how 1.2 bar is high boost! thats what we are talking about on this thread.. ive been building engines for a long time, but cant be asked for a arguement
So why make that statement in the first place?!

youngsyp

EssexAaron said:
i fail to see how 1.2 bar is high boost! thats what we are talking about on this thread..
It is for an engine, that uses components, that were only designed to run 0.7 bar at peak boost !

Paul

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
EssexAaron said:
Point is that its still more reliable with the Forged Pistons for the reasons i mentioned above.. It was the reliability that you were questioning..

The actual need for Forged Pistons for a standard turbo running 1.2bar is another question all together..

Radders said:
So why make that statement in the first place?!
to save people money:?

youngsyp said:
It is for an engine, that uses components, that were only designed to run 0.7 bar at peak boost !

Paul
now thats just stupid! you better change your rods,crank,valves,cams,cylinder liners blah blah

this is why i try not to get involved with internet arguements, i wont say no more on the matter

youngsyp

EssexAaron said:
now thats just stupid!
No, that's typing away without connecting brain ! ;-)

EssexAaron said:
you better change your rods,crank,valves,cams,cylinder liners blah blah
If you did any research, you understand that the pistons are the weakest component of the GTiR engine. And as a result, the part that's most likely to fail, if the boost is turned up ! :roll:

Paul