How many on the road

pulsarmoley

Had my car for 3 years, changed the original clutch after a year for an excedy organic. That lasted 18 months and caused my car to be off the road 6 weeks while i argued with the company over warranty etc :evil: Since then no problems..... touch wood.:thumbsup:

Fire & skill

Vintage member
been off the road for about six months, the exhaust went so I just parked it up in the garage, ive changed the exhaust but i'm doing other bits and pieces when I can be bothered! :lol: might put a fmic on as well

planning to get it on the road again soon, needs mot and tax

GTIR-LOZ

mine is off the road due to missfire at 1.8bar and cracked exhaust manifold, i have lost alot of interest in the car - all i want to do is sell it but i dont want to sell it not right

antopulsar

been off rd since last jap show at santa pod for new gear box just taking my time cleaning it all up then gearbox in and off we go next 3/4wks hopefully

Trip

Mine, been off the road for 2yrs and 10months.. I've owned the car for 2yrs,10months and 1day :)

Trip

Actually it was 3 days. It was released from the port on Friday and drove it home. Saturday full day stripping the basics, and Sunday went for a race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3cXV8jB_88

From there on i took it in for a major upgrade. needless to say, the car is 95% ready but my engineer is killing me to give me the engine back.. No time, short of staff, sick, and all sort of excuses.

karl@sr20

ive got two R,s one i use every day @304bhp and lovein it,the other ive bin building up from scratch for past two years just needs painting to finish.

darkyGTI-R

ive got two R,s one i use every day @304bhp and lovein it,the other ive bin building up from scratch for past two years just needs painting to finish.
Nice to see you on here mate how's it going? I was in the convoy from j2 lol with V and all the others

:thumbsup:

Matt Evans

Had my R fo 5yrs, was off the road for a week for clutch change. Then off the road for a couple of weeks, but not all at once, for various little problems. Now that car is structurally dead! :( But I've been reshelling/rebuilding it on and off for the last 18 months. The old car was my everyday runner and in a couple of months time when this one is back on the road, it too will be a daily runner, just better, much better than before!!! >:)

Got loadsa new bits to go on and lotsa cool stuff to do. Can't wait until its finished, I've missed her. :D

darkyGTI-R

Mine will be back on road this weekend, had the car 2.5 years and been on road for 4 months tops??!! 3x engines, 2x turbos, 2x transfer boxes, 2x gearboxs, 2x clutches!! Mine is an abosloute bastard!! lol but i love her when she does work!

Christ that's some bad luck do you drive normally or do you rag it big time?

darkyGTI-R

Actually it was 3 days. It was released from the port on Friday and drove it home. Saturday full day stripping the basics, and Sunday went for a race. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3cXV8jB_88

From there on i took it in for a major upgrade. needless to say, the car is 95% ready but my engineer is killing me to give me the engine back.. No time, short of staff, sick, and all sort of excuses.
Quality vid trip untill the engine goes :cry:

turugtir

Just bought the car a couple weeks ago, and I haven't even driven the car! Waiting for new engine and gearbox to replace (for the moment) and after that I will enjoy a little bit until I get all the parts for the new engine, and that stuff...

I want so badly to drive my R!

Disco Ste

Mines has been off the road since April 2007. It was my brothers car, but he borrowed money off me in 2006 to pay for a new turbo and other bits and bobs, and only paid me a small amount back in 2 years, so I just took the car off him. He was quite happy with the deal, as he was moving to Essex anyway and had lost interest.

It's got a cylinder head/gasket problem, but is currently away to a tuning company to get sorted.

Hopefully be mobile in the not too distant future.:-D

dj1qy

lol mine has been off road since january n has been out for 2 days at a time lol so 4 days since january. after ive changed the hubs hopefully theres no excuse for her to be off road now, now that ive got past the engine and turbo problems

houghy_1

Mines been back on the road since Jan this year after going into winter storage 18 months ago:oops:
Never really had any problems apart from the standard clutch and the clutch fork going.