Highest bhp on stock engine &gearbox

boucherie

I know that Rob (thunder god) is running 399.6bhp on a stock engine but thats with a quaife gearbox BUT whats the highest PROVEN bhp on a stock engine and stock gearbox as i cant see it being much below robs figure providing everything is setup correctly?

let the debate begin!!!

Mr GTiR

Uncle Winnet said:
i had 341 bhp on stock engine and box ran it like that for over 3 years

john
As far as i know it's John ^^^ who has this ni the bag and i was there when he did that run ;-)

paz

Highest BHP on a standard engine alone that I've heard of will be Rob with 399bhp :D

Didn't the AWD R run on a standard box? That was around 400bhp as well IIRC.

Paz

pete-r

Mine was dynoed at 350bhp a couple of years ago with standard engine and box then dynoed again recently with 270ish ATW,still pulls strongly with no problems.

GINGA

The awd car was more like 450/450 on standard engine and gearbox

edited to add, iirc it was 420hp before the 125hp of nitrous

Mine was 417/370 on standard box without problems.

Last edited:

Uncle Winnet

but how long did all these engines last mine was still pulling strong when i sold mine its ok saying i got 350+ if you only ran it now and again mine was uesd ever day even did a 100miles every week to get to work in it with no big props

john

GINGA

Rob's has lasted quite a while, but then he drives like a big girly and the turbo takes so long to spool up its never under pressure for very long :lol:

:fish2: :whistle:

Last edited:

Mr GTiR

Uncle Winnet said:
but how long did all these engines last mine was still pulling strong when i sold mine its ok saying i got 350+ if you only ran it now and again mine was uesd ever day even did a 100miles every week to get to work in it with no big props
Just like to add, John drove his car like he stole it as well.

EVOBAD

a strd engine will run big bhp, but most of the time for day 2 day driveing will run on a bar of boost & turn it up now & again

P

pulsarboby

i think its all down to luck! one dodgy gearchange can muller your box as i found out at cadwell park:oops: also if you are using a short shifter it will limit life of box as you tend to be more aggressive with gearchange. so i dont think it matters whether you are running 250 or 350bhp it all depends how you drive it! if you dont break it then you must either be driving like a pussy or be a very good driver, only you will know that!!!;-)

G

GTIRocks

got to agree with pulsar boy, btw do we just mean standard lump or are these figures with aftermarket clutch/gearbox ????

MarkTurbo

GINGA said:
Rob's has lasted quite a while, but then he drives like a big girly and the turbo takes so long to spool up its never under pressure for very long :lol:

:fish2: :whistle:
PMSL :lol:

Thats why he was so slow at Knockhill, he was flooring it out the corners and by the time his turbo had spooled up it was time to brake for the next corner :lol:

:fish2:

stumo

MarkTurbo said:
PMSL :lol:

Thats why he was so slow at Knockhill, he was flooring it out the corners and by the time his turbo had spooled up it was time to brake for the next corner :lol:

:fish2:
ha ha, you got it in one. :thumbsup:

Uncle Winnet

Mr GTiR said:
Just like to add, John drove his car like he stole it as well.

didnt like to say that but i did drive it very hard even did about 40 1/4 runs in it one off the best cars ive owend

john

boucherie

cheers for the input so far guys, im talking about standard gearbox and engine internals but with an aftermarket clutch fitted

i was just seeing what sort of figures i can expect to get and it loks like between 340-360 isnt being unrealistic but i will let you all know in good time what it makes, as for driving style its mainly a daily driver with the occasional fast road blast