HELP PLEASE (break line prob)

P

pulsarboby

yeah will be fine sam
you can buy brake flaring kits with connectors etc, there not all that dear!
have a little looky see on ebay. the copper piping is dirt cheap aswell.

just make sure that when you have done it, hold your foot down hard on the brake pedal for around 30 seconds with engine running, and get someone to check pipe for any leaks.
then it will be fine mate.

samgtr

pulsarboby said:
yeah will be fine sam
you can buy brake flaring kits with connectors etc, there not all that dear!
have a little looky see on ebay. the copper piping is dirt cheap aswell.

just make sure that when you have done it, hold your foot down hard on the brake pedal for around 30 seconds with engine running, and get someone to check pipe for any leaks.
then it will be fine mate.
top man, thanks for all your help

PaulB

the local motor factor round our way cuts, bends and flares the pipe with the right connector all together. See if you can get that done

samgtr

yeah i, gonna take it to the garage who done me the driver side pipe, just hope they can do it with out asking me to remove the pipe from the car as that is suicidle

Last edited:

MarkTurbo

samgtr said:
no way will i be removing passenger pipe as it was a fecking ball ache doing the driver side, so will hopefully get it flared .
fooooooooooking rust bucket car!!!!!
If you can do the drivers side line then you should find the passenger side a piece of p1ss ;-) Whats up with people these days, they give up without even trying :der: :lol:

samgtr

No the passenger side goes underneath to wear the drivers side one screws in and its 2inches lower to undo the pipe from the fire wall and what makes it worse you cant see the nut on the pipe even with the top half of the manifold off!!!!!!!!

P

pulsarboby

thats very debatable!!!

weve had this thread before with discs, ive got the same on my car and grooves are meant to run towards the rear!
that comes from hispec themselves.
but other makes say different.

i was tod that dust and water should be thrown towards outer disc as opposed to the other way round, which would be inkeeping with vanes running towards rear.
but ap and brembro say different:?

samgtr

stevepudney said:
Well done mate but............

you got the discs on the wrongs sides :doh:
iv seen many cars with the grooves facing like mines so just put them like that, i dont suppose there is really anything that can go wrong if they are put on any direction??

W

westy_y2k3

aye at least on car flaring tool needed at leats otherwise renew lot in good old copper pipe usually 3/16 and once done its done.

MarkTurbo

pulsarboby said:
thats very debatable!!!

weve had this thread before with discs, ive got the same on my car and grooves are meant to run towards the rear!
that comes from hispec themselves.
but other makes say different.

i was tod that dust and water should be thrown towards outer disc as opposed to the other way round, which would be inkeeping with vanes running towards rear.
but ap and brembro say different:?
Thats what hi spec tell you, the same way they tell you that their delivery times are only a week :lol: I didnt think the hi specs had directional vanes anyway :? The grooves on my AP's run the other way and i think i'd rather believe AP over hi spec any day of the week ;-)

A

andrew

Had them the same way mate on my car before you got them...
But as Mark said, hi spec service.......sucks.

P

pulsarboby

it does make sense for them to run towards the rear when you think about it.
would have thought if they ran the other way they would be more inclined to tear your pads up quicker.

Keira

pulsarboby said:
would have thought if they ran the other way they would be more inclined to tear your pads up quicker.
thats kind of the point, the grooves are there to clean the pads not as many people think to throw cr@p away from the surface of the disc, the leading edges also provide more bite when it cuts into the pad

bob, think about the application, brembo and ap are both better known for racing applications where pad wear isn't an issue...hispec are better known for big brakes for road cars where pad wear is an issue..

makes sense why opinions differ ?

Last edited:
O

Odin

Yes I was told if I wanted them to work better face the dics grroves forward but it would shorten the pads life span, And the other way if I wanted a longer pad life but less performance.

Rob

MarkTurbo

pulsarboby said:
vanes running towards rear
You mean grooves, the vanes are the part of the disc the air flows through to keep them cool ;-)

Just incase anyone didnt see it in the thread a while back heres the AP diagram which shows which way the discs are fitted. Unlike the wilwoods/hi specs the AP discs have curved vanes for cooling so they have to be fitted the right way round to work properly and you can see from the diagram that on AP discs the grooves are machined so they point forwards.

http://www.apracing.com/car/brakedisc/identification.htm