greddy profec b v apex-i boost controller

A

Anonymous

Davey said:
Bruce, put your car in the members section m8, so we can your spec 8)
it`s already in the scottish section under the heading "spec of scotlands best" hidden away from nad :twisted: :lol:

A

Anonymous

CAMBRIDGE_PULSAR said:
well if anyone would like to donate a spangly new clutch and fit it for me I might be willing to listen :?:
edd has a couple of low mileage second hand examples he could give you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

E

Edd

Yes i have a couple of low mileage clutch with random pieces of metal missing and Steve Rogers face imprinted on the clutch cover :lol: :lol:

A

Anonymous

Edd said:
Yes i have a couple of low mileage clutch with random pieces of metal missing and Steve Rogers face imprinted on the clutch cover :lol: :lol:
so you`re a happy bunny now :lol:

S

SunnyGTIR

Getting back on the subject :D I opted for the Greddy Profec B cos it is so simple to install and set up. Also, less stuff on it to go wrong :wink:

A

Anonymous

i will be going for the greddy, it's neat, small and does the job, also easy to hide away.
I did have the apexi boost and fuel controllers but sold them, too flashy, too big and could not think of a suitable place to mount without drilling wholes everywhere

A

Anonymous

flash GOOD
someone smashing into your car because they see these big computers BAD

YOU DECIDE.

true but I never leave my car anywere, and I think people interested in breaking into it are gonna notice the car itself long before they see the boost controller. so when you planning on getting it? have u done other mods first?

A

Anonymous

full goose no cat 5' pipe
r33 skyline front mount intercooler
blitz sus induction kit
baileys dump valve
apexi turbo timer
walbro fuel pump
magnecotor leads
hks plugs
Helix organic clutch
apexi revs speed meter
gt tunning front strut brace

now all i need is the boost, will do it end of month when i can get some time off., sold my old Apexi's for £400 couldn't resit as i only paid £320 for them :twisted:

R

rsnissan

Important thing to remember is that that the AVCR is closed loop so it can regulate the boost on the fly where as the Profec B is not so the boost will vary slightly depending on atmospheric ambient temps.

Most of the Big Bhp jap cars seem to use the no fuss open loop controllers

Would u be so kind to explain in lay man terms what is the difference between the 2 and its advantageous?
Sorry but i dont get it between open and close loop.
thanks

A

Anonymous

Sorry to throw a spanner in the works but have you considered the 'HKS dual SBC'. Don't ask me anything technical but it didn't cost much, its small and compact and it has a couple of fancy dials that make it go quicker and slower with some effect. It even bleeps at you when you exceed a certain boost pressure and warns you of an imminent explosion in your engine bay.

I'm not technically minded and don't know how it compares to the others but I thought you may want to consider it?

A

Anonymous

I've got the Greddy b-spec.

It comes highly recommended by a lot of tuners.

From what I've heard, if you want a boost controller, for what it does....hence hold boost, no spiking and easy to use and set up, then this is the one for you.

ND's 808 BHP evo 7 uses the GREDDY B-spec.

Just for the record I run......
OFF....0.5 bar
LOW...0.9 bar
High...1.5 bar

A

Anonymous

I think the Apexi should have Super Mario type music and sound effects :lol:

When you hit certain speeds / boost you could get a bonus sound lmao :eek: