Gizmo results

Jonesy

Sound bud cheers for the help. So whats the best engine management to go for then. Not running much power just now but will be planning on forge rebuild in the future, either when the car dies:cry: or when i have some cash available. So would be planning on running more power then. Also where's the best places for mapping willing to travel south because there doesnt seem to be much decent places up this way.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
i hate to say this mate but you are running rich because you have an safc - you dont need it with the gizzmo chip. this is your problem (even though its not a bad problem)

but check out the power curve! - some people dont see the difference even when its staring them in the face, the delivery must be really aggressive :-D

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Mark N said:
I'm thinking of ordering one of these Gizmo chips, but looking at the results I'm not to sure now. I'm running 1.2bar on a standard ECU and got 317bhp and 342lbft.

the torque is very high- never seen this on an R before ( with your mods) usually 330 bhp is around 300lb/ft the celica GT4 (ST205) will have around that torque at the bhp.

Fire & skill

Vintage member
Jonesy said:
Can't you adjust the SAFC, air flow to improve fuelling.

well you could knock it down a bit, basically the SAFC is much the same technology as the dastek unichip. at least with it on you have a bit more flexability. but if it was my car i'd be removing it and selling it on ebay or here. The gizzmo chip alone gives you an aggressive fuel map for 1.4 bar, which is maxing out the 440's. so you dont really need the safc unless there was an underfuelling issue.

ChrisM ran his car on just the gizzmo on std ecu and you can see the results he was having in Sweden

Jonesy

Yes im running standard turbo.
Nothing to do with turbo but can the SAFC be easily disconnected or is it normally soldered or crimped onto various wires to pick up the signals.

Jon Olds

Having just wired wired in an safc, It is classed as an 'intercepter' . The airflow signal is modified to fool the ecu into supply more or less fuel. (fuel is roughly proportional to airflow)

Jonesy

Probably explain my problem then if both the SAFC and the chip supply more fuel, hence running rich. Maybe i'll try disconnecting and see what happens.