Gizmo results

Jonesy

Had the car at Dastek today getting a before and after run with a gizmo chipped ECU.
Here's the results.
11 psi standard ECU 255.6 bhp and 223.7 lbf.ft
1 bar gizmo ECU 288.4 bhp and 267.1 lbf.ft
1.2 bar gizmo ECU 317.8 bhp and 297.6 lbf.ft:-D
Posted some pics of graphs and also new buddy's and KAD 6 pots not sure how they will turn out.
Cheers:thumbsup:

Attachments

Mark N

I'm thinking of ordering one of these Gizmo chips, but looking at the results I'm not to sure now. I'm running 1.2bar on a standard ECU and got 317bhp and 342lbft.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
All the before and after AFR's look really rich (10's) on boost. Did the operator make any comment? It might point towards something simple like a MAF earth issue or some other funny. Of all the graphs at least what you ended up with looks best ;-)

I'm sure you're made up with the result, thanks for posting

gunmetalgtir

Mark N said:
I'm thinking of ordering one of these Gizmo chips, but looking at the results I'm not to sure now. I'm running 1.2bar on a standard ECU and got 317bhp and 342lbft.

And?? You might have different mods than him apart from the ecu, hence why you have different results.

Mark N

Jonesy what mods do you have? I'm running a standard turbo with a doors device set to 1.2bar. Mongoose with an Apexi air filter and R32 intercooler.
I'm asking because i'm in the middle of buying one of these chips and if you have roughly the same mods its going to be a waste of time me getting it.
The only difference i might do is add 550cc injectors and get the chip mapped for them.

Jonesy

He never mentioned anything about the AFR, and to be honest i didn't really know what i was looking for. The guy at the desk didn't seem to be that switched on, but i spoke to another guy over the phone that was doing the work he seemed to know what he was talking about.
The other thing they said was he could only get 11 psi with the standard ECU, i din't think the ECU had anything to do with the boost setting i thought it was the boost controller.
As for mods i have SAFC 2, FMIC, uprated fuel pump, leads, plugs, electronic boost controller, mongoose exhaust, HKS filter and uprated clutch, think thats all.
I was happy with the end result, but not as happy if other people are getting the same reults with standard ECU. :?

Jonesy

Am i right in saying im better running rich to prevent engine damage, but spot on would be better for more power. Also what would be a spot on AFR.

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
Jonesy said:
Am i right in saying im better running rich to prevent engine damage

I believe the Japs tend to set them to run richer to help with in cylinder cooling.

You can go too rich and cause damage due to bore wash, but that tends to be down to faults rather than deliberate mapping.

Jonesy

Just bringing the subject back up on my AFR being rich. Would getting my SAFC set up again, sort this out, or will it be fine as it is.
Cheers

Fusion Ed

The Gizmo is probably beyond its real capabilities @ 1.2 bar. hence why its going rich. See a recent thread of mine about this on this forum.

Jonesy

So the way forward would be a different engine management and mapped, or lower the boost. Is it much off a risk running it as it is just now.

Fusion Ed

Your rich not lean, so its not immediately a huge problem. Its not ideal but worse case you'll experience increased engine wear due to bore wash over an extended period of time. I have seen so many run this rich anyway. But yes one of your options is a re-map.

Ed