Gearbox/ Diff problem

E

Edd

Well it was only a matter of time before summit broke, it had been far too long :roll: :cry:

firstly on Tuesday i used the launch control and to my shock left 2 dirty black lines on the road :shock: which ive never done b4....also the front wheels have been smoking the tyres a lot when i launch which it neevr has done before :roll:

anyway tonight i was going round an island at about 10mph, very slowly, and spun the car :shock: :shock:
had no time to correct and had no idea was about to do it :shock:

got to next island and was still a bit :evil: :shock: :? so went round this island (big island) and thoguht id tap the throttle and see if it did anything hoping id been on a bit of diesel or summit, barely touched the throttle and i was playing spin the pulsar on the islands :shock: :shock:

so pull over check all the tyres, check wheels are tight, shocks are tight and drive home very slowly....
noticed there to be a slight grinding/graunching/rattling noise, thats quite quiet and hard to listen to with noise of everything else.
however after careful deduction this noise is only apparent in 3rd gear only and no other gear.
Had no problems with clutch or gearbox, no clutch slip rattle and car goes in gear fine.

so........

my thoughts after speaking to dave seem to be transfer box is goosed, sending all power to the rear wheels and not to the front causing the spin (roads were damp)
however i'm a bit confused as to why this grinding noise is only in 3rd gear and no other gear as surely if it was transfer box it would happen in all gears.
so thinking gearbox is f*cked :cry: :twisted: :lol: :eek: :? :shock: :x

so Xmas day will now involve me working on the car to check gearbox and transfer box oil levels to see what the score is there

but wondered if anybody had any opinions??

E

Edd

and no comments how launching it everywhere has broken it either thanks :roll: :wink:

zia

give him an indestructible gearbox and what does he do....breaks it
:roll: :roll: :wink: at least it,s good for drifting now!!! :lol:

zia

Keira

bad luck edd :roll:

my mate will sell you a transfer box or gear box all for more than to anyone else :lol: :lol: all sat on the floor waiting for a buyer ready to fit :lol: :lol: , gearbox re-built with not many miles on it :lol: :lol: transfer box in good condition, mikes got one aswell, but i'm sure he'll want loads seeing as its you :lol: :lol:

what was you saying earlier :wink: :lol: :lol:

mine aint going to fall apart that easy :lol: :lol: :lol: at least i hope :oops:

you've cheered me right up :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

you could prove your thoughts about transfer box by getting all wheels up in the air and going crazy with the throttle :wink:

at the very least we'll all be able to laugh about how it came off the axle stands and went through your house :lol: :lol: :lol:

Keira

i'll probably live to regret this day, but f u c k it :roll:

how do you make a perfectly respectable 430 odd bhp 2.2 gtir into a rattley 3rd gear, spin around round-a-bouts, 14second 1/4 mile s h i t box in less than a year :?: :?: :?:

answers on a postcard sent to edds house :roll: :lol: :lol:

Keira

how many people does it take to ruin a perfectly good 2.2, 400+bhp perferctly good gtir :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol:

Keira

micheal shcumacher and ferrari wanted more of a challenge next year so they employed edd to work on their cars :roll: :lol: :lol:

O

Odin

When I first got my car it span on a wet roundabout at about 10-15mph aslo :cry: , I then changed the transfer box for a good second hand one and have had no problem ever since :wink: .

This is why when I got my quaife rebuilt I also had them check and rebuild the transfer box as well :wink: .

rob

MarkTurbo

I'm gonna resist the temptation to laugh and take the p*ss like some people *cough* kieron *cough* :lol:

I'll be helpful for a change :shock: If you get stuck for a transferbox theres a spare one lying around in my shed :wink: And i'm not talking about my car :lol: