For sale : 1992 Black Pulsar

DanValv3r

just gonna keep it simple guys. if its just the tubby that went then ill just replce that with a second hand one now till i can afford a half decent one!!!

ok guys here was the syptoms, maybe its happened to someone else!!

On start-up, there is no knocking, at first there was only alittle knocking when u hit bout 1.5k revs but if you put ur foot down abit it went away

then started to get louder and and all the time, but thing is, it was knocking on acceleration but if you take your foot off the gas or stick it into neutral when your rolling it went away and just sounded like normal!!

At first i thought it could be the gearbox, but the RAC bloke said that it smelt like the turbo has blown to bits as he has worked with a few that have blown their tubbies and this one smelt the same but he said not to take his work for it!!!

when the bits fell from underneath the car, they definatly wernt bug bits, so that tells me it could be the propeler in the turbo, but is there anywhere it can get out?? there is also oil all over the subframe around the turbo

if anyone could make sugestions on this that would be great

will try and get some pics up for ya later,

but i tell you something, when neil took me out in it, and put it to 1.2bar it bout snapped me fookin neck off, i exspected it to be quick but wasnt exspecting that, lookin forward to havin it back

gtirneil

Best way to tell is to take the pipe off that goes from the filter to the turbo, its only a screw driver, stick your fingers in or get your head down and see what it looks like.

Does the car still start and drive?

DanValv3r

yeah it starts fine, havnt tried to drive it and only had it runnin for a few seconds as its spat most of the oil out lol

managed to find a trailor but cant find anyone now with a towbar, the RAC wanted 250 sniffs plus VAT to take it back to melton from the M6

DanValv3r

Ok just got home tonite with the pulsar, thought id try and start it up just to see what happens, and it started up straight away, no smoke, just Really really lumpy, responded to revs quite well but didnt try and move it!!!!