For sale : 1992 Black Pulsar

gtirneil

Pulsar is back up forsale, i am going to be taking offers on the car, i dont want much as it has a fault that i cant diagnose. Basically it could be the bottom end is fooked as there is a slight tapping/ rattling noise from 2k onwards under light load, it doesnt sound like it is the bottom end, as it sounds like the top end or the tappets, but she has to go as i have no time to be messing around with it.

Spec as follows:

1992 K reg in black
120km with a differnt engine at 90k
12 months MOT
1 month tax ( will knock of money for 6 months if i get enough cash for it)
Engine internals are standard
standard tubby and gearbox etc
Uprated clutch, holds 1.3 bar
HKS actuator
HKS air filter
Mongoose exhaust with 3.5" tip, cat on now and 3" decat included
Blitz dsbc boost controller
Apexi SAFC
Greddy turbo timer
HKS boost 60mm boost guage
Poly bushed wishbones
Whiteline ARB
Momo steering wheel
Razo gear nob
Team dynamics monza wheels, 15" wth toyo tyres
Recent new discs and pads on the back
Stripped out interior, rear seats will be supplied ( no headlining or plastics from the front doors to the boot
Washer bottle in boot
Front bumper cut out to take FMIC

Again if it fetches a decent price i will include some 310mm wilwoods, 16" OZ superlaggera wheels and cusco strut braces.

Im going to hate myself for doing this but im going to let it go to whoever gives best offer over £1500. If it doesnt sell for more than 1500 i will strip it, sell anyhting worth selling, then get the shell and engine crushed :(

Please PM me with any offers or questions.

Thanks Neil

gtirneil

Forgot to mention it does drive and has done for the past 8 months since its been making the noise.

The car is making 303bhp and 309lbs/ft of torque at 1.25 bar

Fire & skill

Vintage member
pity you couldnt wait a few weeks :(

i'll be selling my integrale and im after another R, this looks far too good to be true, would have got peter kiwi to fix the coont

steven_c

if this had been for sale a week earlyer!!! i have just spent 1300 on a shell and parts etc and still a engine short fook!!!! might buy it any way.. interested

gtirneil

Had alot of interest, 1st person with £1500 gets it.

P.S just want to add that the car DOES NOT come with the wheels and strut braces as pictured unless you offer good money.

gtirneil

Im after geting rid of this as soon as possible so i might strip it is there anyone interested in a rolling shell, with engine, gearbox, most of the interior, basically everything there minus the turbo, exhaust and all the uprated bits?

Im open to offers or i might try on egay

Last edited:

gtirneil

Will listen to any offers for the car, it will coem with everything but the oz wheels, so thats the wilwood brakes and the cusco strut braces.

I need this shifting asap

DanValv3r

tis a shame, if i knew more bout R's and could get the money together id consider putting in an offer, will have a chat with the missus tonite, she may be able to lend me the money, whats the very lowest you will take mate, you can PM me if you like

P

pulsarboby

hi neil got any pics of the 16' wheels? email them to me with a price to bobheywood@btinternet.com
also whats the bottom line on the car, as i maybe interested in the shell for myself for a racing spare! (not breaking lol) as it does sound like the bigends kaput in the lump.
but i may buy complete car from you.

paz

pulsarboby said:
hi neil got any pics of the 16' wheels? email them to me with a price to bobheywood@btinternet.com
also whats the bottom line on the car, as i maybe interested in the shell for myself for a racing spare! (not breaking lol) as it does sound like the bigends kaput in the lump.
but i may buy complete car from you.
Wheels have gone Bobby ;)

paz

DanValv3r

LOL went to pick up the pulsar last nite, neil is a good bloke, very helpful, hopefully he will get another R some day!!!

Sadly tho, just leaving bolton and got on to the M6, the knocking started to get alot louder then bits started coming from underneath the car and i managed to fill the whole of the M6 with smoke hehehe

at the minute its looking like the turbo has gone but we had to leave it in a service station last nite so i have to make another treck up there today with a trailor and fetch it!!!

Oh well shit happens, wasnt neils fault as it could have happend anytime, so i now look forwads to rebuilding my first R!!!!

GTiR_Mic

Hope you have deep pockets mate as this is just the start if it :lol:

You going for a full forge re-build or just a std one?

Mic

gtirneil

Sorry to hear that it broke on you matey :(

I honestly didnt think that it would break like that.

You dont need deep pockets to have an R, you just need to know the right people.