flash fuel system

DanDud

That RIPS system is very popular with the skyline boys, the box fits in 1 corner of the boot, has 1 or 2 fuel pumps attached to the external and a very well designed swirl pot designed inside. RIPS are notorious for their exceptional quality of work (check out www.gtr.co.uk) In the members gallery_sparksRB30 is a fantastic build thread).

If the setup is in the boot, if you get rear-ened you are pretty ****ed, if its in the front you are pretty ****ed if you hit a wall head on. Either way my friend races in the formula Jedi series (1000cc Suzuki bike engine in a 300Kg space frame chassis). He got hit straight on, and in the rear at the weekend, but with his side electric cut off switch and the fuel tank being in the middle of the car under his seat he was fine.

Keira

stumo said:
check out the bluebook...i bet it's not acceptable in the cabin without a firewall or similar item.
most racing regs require the tank to be seperated from the drivers compartment by a firewall of some sort

Rishi

Still waiting on some shims!
stumo said:
how you gonna turn the cutoff when you're already toast?

check out the bluebook...i bet it's not acceptable in the cabin without a firewall or similar item.

I know that this is in the Rules for Time Attack and I'm sure TOTB too..

Rishi

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
stumo said:
how you gonna turn the cutoff when you're already toast?

Fit an inertia cut off switch like alot of other fuel injected cars have, so in the even of a bump the fuel is automatically cut off. Or wire it in to the oil pressure seitch so if you turn the engine off the fuel is cut.

I think if it was fitted centrally right behind the rear seats, it should be far enough from any side that the crash that would split it, would probably have already killed you.:thumbsup: