flash fuel system

O

Odin

Nicked this from another forum I'm a member of, Now I'm liking this set up for my own car 8) :-D .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

thats similar to the attain system that il be fitting to my car!

i take it that its an inline fuel swirlpot thats running twin pumps?

how much is that setup out of curiosity robbie?

P

pulsarboby

in all fairness i think thats overkill for cars running around 500bhp mark!
think the attain one i bought is around £250 new, it houses an inbuilt walbro which runs in line with the other fitted in tank.
it is also a lot more compact than that unit.

unless you have a cunning plan rob, to be running around the 800 mark:shock: :lol: :lol:

P

pulsarboby

you chickens**t stu
thought you liked living life on the edge

why not?

stumo

if you have a bump and it's big enough to break any part of your fuel system you're gonna have a lot of fuel floating around the cabin.

P

pulsarboby

well dont smoke n drive then:lol: :lol:

you should really fit a cutoff switch which would disarm the pumps in the event of a rear ender;-)

O

Odin

stumo said:
if you have a bump and it's big enough to break any part of your fuel system you're gonna have a lot of fuel floating around the cabin.

That's what rubber mounts are for ;-) .

I'm not really planning on fitting it myself like you say Bob its a little bit over kill :shock: :lol: , I think 2 in tank pumps should do the job fine with maybe some bigger fuel lines.

Rob

O

Odin

stumo said:
i still wouldn't do it.

The system could always be mounted under the floor in the flat area left by the old standard exhaust ;-) .

Rob

P

pulsarboby

mine will be going under the bonnet once ive got rid of some of the crap under there, but i would see no problem mounting it internally in car.
but i will be running a batt cut off internally as well as external, just in case i do happen to have a bad spill!
this may save me from being a roast hog dinner for my two dogs:lol:

stumo

how you gonna turn the cutoff when you're already toast?

check out the bluebook...i bet it's not acceptable in the cabin without a firewall or similar item.

P

pulsarboby

thats why its going under the bonnet:roll: :lol:

would keep me nice n warm on a cold track day though, when my heaters packed up;-)

P

pulsarboby

quote>mine will be going under the bonnet once ive got rid of some of the crap under there,

:nerner: whats an ffs?

will you be at japfest stu, is your heapum ready for battle yet?

O

Odin

stumo said:
well "under the bonnet" isn't in the cabin is it? FFS.

I think you and Kieron are spending to much time together mate :shock: , Give the guy a break :doh: .

If I where to fit something like that in the boot it would be in a big sealed alloy box, But under the floor would be much more suitable.

Rob

stumo

my sh1tbox won't be ready, the block is still getting machined :der:

got a new crank etc to go into it so hopefully it'll be ok when it's finally finished.