flamer kits

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
I was going to put that picture up for you, but didn't want to find out it was only a mongoose in action :oops:

J

J-GTi-R

I would normally jump in and say I can build you one, but I've built three in the last few weeks and none of the feckers work!!! GRRRR!!!

Once I've sorted out the problem I can build one for you for the cost of the parts (£23), you just add the coil, plug and lead. Just got to figure it out first...

A

AJ4

FAO J-Gti-R,

I gather you are using the Maplin Ignition kit, are you using a seperate timer circuit like a 555 or something ?, or are you just taking the signal from the ignition amp ?

Have got a built Maplin module, just wondering what is better, a fixed 555 timer or a variable rpm based frequency.

Cheers

Ross.

mattygti-r

why bother having a big flame out of the car????

:roll: :roll: its a bit "fast and furious" for my liking just keep with the mongoose

J

J-GTi-R

FAO J-Gti-R,

I gather you are using the Maplin Ignition kit, are you using a seperate timer circuit like a 555 or something ?, or are you just taking the signal from the ignition amp ?

Have got a built Maplin module, just wondering what is better, a fixed 555 timer or a variable rpm based frequency.

Cheers

Ross.
Yep, using the Maplin kit. I use a 555 timer circuit, set to simulate about 4k rpm from memory. I've found on ones I've built that do work, the timer works fine and there's no need to use any varible rpm switching.

S

Sirnixalot

some one want to explain to me why this is a "performance" mod and not a styling mod?

A

AJ4

As much as I absolutely hate and loathe all things max, I'll concede to having a flamer kit on the grounds of self defence... ( ie, when some twat in a nova is driving two inches from my bumper through a 30mph limit trying to 'race' me :D Once their humungous tacky one size fits all ripspeed bumper gets melted a few time they might just back off a bit and let me carry on peacefully in my own time ;))

kyepan

they are so max flower.. but i still want one.. is this wrong.

J-gtir can i be a donor car for testing on?

Keira

Sirnixalot said:
some one want to explain to me why this is a "performance" mod and not a styling mod?
The big flame out the back works just like the space shuttles booster rockets and propels you forward at a terrific rate of knots for approximately 0.0000001 of a sec, happens so fast that ordinarily you wouldn't see it, but through time and motion capture technology i have witnessed this awsome burst of speed on a Morris Ital with twin turbo and flamer conversion :roll: :lol:

J

J-GTi-R

Kyepan and jonesgti_r you can both be testers of the kit, trouble is I can't figure out why the last three I build don't work, when others I built before that do!

I'm on the case though, I'll sus it soon and then everyone can have them at cost (if you want them of course... :wink: ).

J

J-GTi-R

Got passed by a rather quick S14A 200SX last night, he'd got a nice flamer kit on and I have to admit it did look pretty good with 3 foot flames shooting out the back every time he backed off... 8)