Fitting Apexi SAFC (Now for sale!)

Matt Evans

Hi all! What are the Blue, Pink, Orange, and Grey wires for on the SAFC wiring loom? The instructions say where the rest of the wires go, but there is no mention of the ones I've just stated. :?

Matt Evans

O.k. My Safc is now fitted, but I think that I've either fitted it wrong or there's something wrong with the unit :x .

When I turn the ignition on, the screen lights up saying 'SAFC' then fades into the word 'Apexi', then the screen just switches back and fore between two screens, one screen is monitoring revs, and the other screen says 'Setting' 'Hi Throttle' and 'Lo Throttle'. The screens just keep alternating every second or so, and none of the buttons seem to do anything :shock: :x :? .

A

Anonymous

I don't think so, they all seem to click when I push them, and I've pushed them all a couple of times so I'm really not sure what the deal is.

I've tried holding down the 'Previous' and 'Next' buttons together for a couple of seconds but that didn't do anything either. One thing I noticed was that the unit was showing my revs.

Any ideas?

A

Anonymous

Yeah, I cut the wire but I didn't use solder I just crimped some spade connectors on.

Matt Evans

I actually used crimped connectors for all the wires, which means I ended up cutting wires that need not have been cut if I'd used proper splitters. :oops: But I'm sure that all the wires are connected o.k. and in the right places.

Matt Evans

Ive taken the unit apart to see if anything looks incorrect or burned but I can't see anything out of the ordinary, however, I'm not an electronics expert.

Aren't there any electronic wizardy types on here that might know whats causing this to happen?

Do Apexi have a U.K. or European office that I could contact?

I'm really stuck now, and gutted that my Safc isn't working properly. :cry:

Paul R

Did you put the two ground wires on exactly as the manual says? Same wire and around 3-4cm's apart? Is the +ve wire on the ECU wire and the ECU block properly connected?

Matt Evans

I thought in the manual it said 1cm apart? Do you think that could be the problem?

The positive is o.k. because the unit stays on perfectly, it just switches between two different screens and doesn't let me input anything.

Matt Evans

I thought in the manual it said 1cm apart? Do you think that could be the problem?

The positive is o.k. because the unit stays on perfectly, it just switches between two different screens and doesn't let me input anything.

A

Anonymous

Does anyone know if the Apexi S-AFC 2 uses the same wiring loom as the S-AFC, or does it have a different set up :?: If it does I might just buy one and sell my unit on as spares if anyone one was intersted :idea: I don't think that there can be that much wrong with it. :?

Matt Evans

Does anyone know if the S-AFC uses the same wiring as the S-AFC 2 :?:
If it does I might just buy an S-AFC 2 and sell my S-AFC unit as spares :idea: Saying that, there really can't be that much wrong with it, maybe someone with a good bit of electronics experience could fix it :?

Paul R

1cm 3-4cm, well whats size matter :oops: what ever the length the manual says. The important bit is they go to the same earth wire and are a certain distance apart. It sounded like a power or internal problem, but...

...what do you mean about the harness? Do you have the AFC 2 or 1.

The V2 has red, black and brown (for power). White and yellow for the MAF signal in and out. Grey, purple and green for (not in this order) rpm, knock and throttle. Blue, pink and orange are not connected.