factory vs aftermarket intercooler

Davey

evil- ive always had problems with my 'r in hot weather/traffic, keeps going into safe mode, very annoying! :cry: You can see it on the boost gauge(digital)- the car wont boost to 1 bar as easily when the weather is hot, or youve been in traffic, or even sat at a t juction/traffic lights.
Ive just put a front mount on, hoping this will cure the problem, but havent driven it yet, will prob have to wait till the summer to know for sure.

O

Olly

Fast Guy said:
samellio said:
I put the forge kit on my old car and despite costing the best part of 1k i got no noticable difference.. If anything the car didn't feel as sharp :cry:
If your going to run a lot of boost (1.2++++bar) this mod may be worth it but otherwise i don't think it's worth doing.
Sam
I put the Forge on mine too, but as I'm running standard boost I didn't expect any difference. I got it as it was cheap. :wink:
Like Sam says, if you run higher boost you'll appreciate the difference it make.
Me running Forge and WI @ 1,3 bar feels good to me :wink:

J

Jon T

Cost me £600 in total for my Forge FMIC, fitted it myself, it's well worth it indeed.. No disadvantages. 1.1 Bar.

A

Anonymous

Ok, so the heat soak from the top mount is the big baddy.
But no problems with flow through the topmount ?

R

Rab

Evil_GtiR said:
For guys who have factory top mounts:
At higher than 30 degrees celcius on a very very hot day, do you guys have any problems boosting your car?

Because on my gtir, I have problem boosting on a very very hot day but it becomes fine at night or early morning.
When it gets hot, you get det. As far as I know, which isn't boosting well as it's rearding the ignition?? Hell I dunno. Sound like a good mod anyways. Time to buy that lovely CO2 spray for you I/C!