Engine won't start

OleH

Oh right, I see what you mean now. He took the piping off to check, and perhaps put them back on the wrong way.............. Silly me :doh:

Dave
I haven't touched any fuel lines, but I appreciate the tip :)

I removed the 2" alu.pipe between the FMIC and the plenum to get better access to change out the BOV, that's all :)

ducie54

Do u have a laptop and software for the link?

You then could check if the map and air temp values move. I had a issue where mine wouldnt start, found there was no rpm signal to the ecu as 1 wire had broken off the dissy harness plug.

OleH

Do u have a laptop and software for the link?

You then could check if the map and air temp values move. I had a issue where mine wouldnt start, found there was no rpm signal to the ecu as 1 wire had broken off the dissy harness plug.
Yes I do, but I'll have to read up a bit to familiarise myself with the software first.

Thanks for the tip!

OleH

The temperature finally got to a bearable level, so I did some troubleshooting today.

After double-checking all vacuum connections for leaks, I connected the ECU to a laptop.

I got these fault codes:
26, 46 and 49, which (can) mean no signal detected.

How can I solve this? The sensors are connected properly, all pins are intact and all wiring appear to be in good condition.

OleH

An update:

I don't have the fault codes any more, but the engine still won't start :x

I have checked that I have spark on the spark plugs.

The engine is definetily getting fuel.

Any ideas on what to check next?

Last edited:

Gtirchris

The amplfier is the small black box bolted to a bracket on the end of the head with a wiring plug on it iirc, it amplifies the ignition signal, and the crank angle sensor is inside the distributor buddy.

OleH

Update:

I did an ignition test with the Link ECU software, and I only got ignition on plug number 3...
Then I changed the spark plug wires, did a new test, but still only ignition on number 3.

What causes this, what can I look for?

Gtirchris

I take it that with the link ecu setup that you are still running the standard dizzy with crank angle sensor, and not an alternate one off of an aftermarket front pulley mate?, I only ask this as i'm not familier with the link stuff. As for why you have only got a spark on cylinder 3 thats a bit odd, have you checked the simple things e.g distributor cap, rotor arm etc?.

OleH

I take it that with the link ecu setup that you are still running the standard dizzy with crank angle sensor, and not an alternate one off of an aftermarket front pulley mate?, I only ask this as i'm not familier with the link stuff. As for why you have only got a spark on cylinder 3 thats a bit odd, have you checked the simple things e.g distributor cap, rotor arm etc?.
Yes I'm still using all the standard ignition parts.

I'll have another look at the distributor cap and rotor arm.

Cheers for the feedback bud!