Engine won't start

OleH

Hi,

After I did the "quad-vacuum" modification to the BOV, the engine won't start :?

I'm wondering if anyone have had any problems after doing this modification?

watoga

What is the quad vacuum mod?
I think he means taking these components:

....... and making one of these:

....... before connecting it to the throttle-body area like this:

I never had any issues with mine once the mod was completed. Could it be a knocked sensor as Ed said?

Good luck,
Dave

Fusion Ed

Nothing imho, standard vacuum points are fine if pipework is correct.,
Are you using the link ECU with map sensor and no maf? If so I'd check the vacuum signal to that sensor.

OleH

Are you using the link ECU with map sensor and no maf? If so I'd check the vacuum signal to that sensor.
Yes that is the setup I have.

Thanks for the tip, I will have a look at it tomorrow.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Didn't "Mighty Mods" just say that they thought it sounded better?

beany44

I did this on my last pulsar following the mighty mods vid on youtube and had no problems.

I thought it made the DV louder lol maybe just me?

Fusion Ed

Thing is Mighty Mods did this without understanding how the system worked, the standard vacuum setup is fine - If its plumbed right. If it wasnt then it would be no good for the stock FPR etc.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I think they were working on the premise that it balances the throttle bodies, but I'd rather not mess with that plumbing.

watoga

When I did the mod, it made absolutely no difference to the volume and/or noise of the dump valve. I had an ancient HKS (non-sequential) BOV and I was hoping it might have made it a little more audible, but no. The only benefit was I managed to replace some old crappy hoses with bright, shiny new red ones. Haven't had any issues since.

Cheers,
Dave

OleH

So you lot reacon that it makes no difference what so ever?
I haven't tested it out yet, so we'll see if I go back to the old setup or not.