engine bay covers

Fire & skill

Vintage member
evolution foundry have managed to copy the plug cover and dizzy even though they defeated the functionality of it by laser cutting GTIR or PULSAR in it so........ :wankah:
is gtir spares back that all depends if i decide to start doing stuff again and if i can get hold of some bits and pieces.
They also sell plain - they do power steering bottle cover, both fuse box covers, a new heatshield cover, a deflector plate to help push air through the radiator too. There seems to be a bit of a demand lately for bumperguards - originals are fetching between £80 and £100

They also sell plain - they do power steering bottle cover, both fuse box covers, a new heatshield cover, a deflector plate to help push air through the radiator too. There seems to be a bit of a demand lately for bumperguards - originals are fetching between £80 and £100
hmmm i wander where they got that idea from.:roll:

vpulsar

They don't sell stuff for the GTi-R ay more mate because I asked them about the rad plate.

Rob

with things like the bumper and engine guard due to the angles of the metal you really need to have a copy to work from or exact dimensions.
there is also brackets involved so they will be needed otherwise it wont fit.
getting hold of a bumper guard shouldnt be to much of a problem but the engine guard is different altogether as the people who have got them normally wont let them out of there sight which i cant blame them for really.

you dont need tooling for a bumper guard you just need a origional one to copy plus i have had these made before so tooling is not required.

oh and the idea behind borrowing one was getting one made for myself because it wouldnt be worth doing a group buy because of the cost to make them you can get a second hand one for probably less than it costs to make a copy.

campbellju

Moderators
Staff member
The Group N guard is like a 4 point brace that cleans up air flow and stops sump damage. My M3 has the same style of bracing for the wishbones.

The Nismo skid plate I saw ages ago looked like some metallic bling that didn't protect or brace anything except the front bumper.

The Group N one is a bit more involved but the dimensions are easy enough to reference against a car. Would be good to produce.

still in negotiations as its been a while since the last lot so prices have gone up on some parts.
as soon as i know i will post them up on page 1.