engine bay covers

hi everyone
has anyone still got a set or any of the engine bay covers I used to sell or any kicking around you no longer use.
ive manage to lose the master copies of these somewhere along the line

pic added for those who aren't aware what they look like.(obviously they wont have the stickers on them

IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED THESE WILL BE AVAILABLE AGAIN IN POLISHED STAINLESS OR BRUSHED STAINLESS STEEL.

many thanks
Gary(AKA ex gtirspares)

Last edited:
used to be on here years ago but forgot my login so had to re-register:-D

someone on here must have them somewhere as i sold enough of them.

as you say some may think it looked chav like but they are the one who didnt understand what they were for.i agree that they look a bit blingey but the main function of the covers was to protect the plug/inj and dizzy from the elements as when you fit a front mount you have got a gaping hole where every piece of crap be it stones leave rocks etc will end up in your engine bay so thats why i got them made.
and they worked.

now someone must have some somewhere??

vss irvine

think ive a dizzy and plenum cover somewhere I removed from cars

itll be a couple weeks before I can look though.

MarkTurbo

They're all shite, unless you're the sort of person who likes looking at your car more than you like driving it :lol:

Don't know if it's one of yours but i found this recently that i ended up with a few years back after buying a job lot of parts.

IMAG0643.jpg

That is a shite copy. The person that made that had absolutely no idea as to what there function is ,they are meant to protect all of the engine Bay Area which is open to the elements when you fit a front mount intercooler.
putting it bluntly you've got a fuck off great big vent thats letting in every bit of crap from the outside world all which is going all over your engine so that what they are meant to stop.
I only got them made from polished stainless because at the time that's what everybody wanted but the next ones I make for myself will be brushed stainless because after one journey there all covered in crap anyway .
Mark you should know me better than that being old school .

thanks
Gary aka ex gtirspares

vpulsar

Hi Gary nice to see you back amongst the living mate, Not my cup of tea these things and I'm keeping the top mount anyway all be a modified version, But I'm sure they might look OK if they were ceramic coated a different colour there seems to be plenty of choice these days, All right on a show car but I think most Pulsars are turning away from the young chav brigade!

Rob

evolution foundry have managed to copy the plug cover and dizzy even though they defeated the functionality of it by laser cutting GTIR or PULSAR in it so........ :wankah:
is gtir spares back that all depends if i decide to start doing stuff again and if i can get hold of some bits and pieces.

red reading

You can come and take measurements and photos galore when ever you like. But it will not leave my possession as it is to rare to loose.