emanage plug and play harness

GTIR-LOZ

just been checking the jumpers on the ultimate unit and knock/water is def correct as thats the only inputs we have only one knock sensor and 1 water temp, no air etc i set the jumper knock1/water temp to measure water and knock2/air temp to measure knock is this correct?

Braveheart

GTIR-LOZ said:
just been checking the jumpers on the ultimate unit and knock/water is def correct as thats the only inputs we have only one knock sensor and 1 water temp, no air etc i set the jumper knock1/water temp to measure water and knock2/air temp to measure knock is this correct?
I'm not sure... !
I'm still waiting to receive my PnP harness.
Payment went through and they sent an email to say that it was not a problem for them to ship to the UK so fingers crossed, I'll get this soon and plug it in.

Braveheart

My PnP harness arrived today.
Looks good and should connect up in five minutes without me having to break into OE ECU loom. That's the easy part now.....:thumbsup:

I've installed the Greddy software and looked through the menus.
Under "Parameter Setting" there are a number of fields that I'm unsure of the correct selection. Maybe I should make a note of the fields that I'm unsure of and post that up for some assistance. I doubt anybody has a file map for a standard setup. (unmodded)
Obviously, I will have this car mapped properly but would like to make sure the harnesses and ECU are ok and works with the OE sensors and current (standard) setup before I add my mods and take it to a tunner/mapper.
I'll have a look at the dip switch setting as well now I have it out the box....:doh: ;-)

Braveheart

GTIR-LOZ said:
hi mate ordered mine from boomslang cheaper than here still:-D
Brave man... you might have given me a couple of days just to check that the harness is indeed dedicated to the Pulsar... oh well, we will both have the same issues to get by if there are any.
I did email them to confirm that it was a pulsar config and they said yes.
When I am confident with the initial setup and dip switch setting I will give it a whirl.
I'm going to connect it on a standard setup before I carry out the mods.

Keep you posted!

GTIR-LOZ

i was reall only worried about the plug connections as the wires dont look too long and could be rectified easily if any probs, i just wanted like you a tidier job which was easy to install uninstall good luck with the setup i am sure we will muddle through:-D

Braveheart

No, it's all cool. The PnP harness is an easy option to fit the ultimate and allows you to revert back to your OE ECU or change to a different system without fuss. I'd say 95% of them are hard wired into the original ECU loom without any problems. The harness of the hard wiring loom and on the PnP harness is almost four foot in length so the piggy back unit (ultimate) can be sited easily.

Braveheart

GTIR-LOZ said:
From the installation manual, that looks correct but for some reason, I have an excel sheet which marries knock1 / intake temp and knock2 / water temp.. :?
I'll need to just double check now... if you set this incorrectly, the rads fans may not come on. :doh:

GTIR-LOZ

oh well at least you will be able to tell if you got it right or not if your engine overheats and explodes or not:lol:

that was the only jumper i changed but if its just a temp input then surley it would not matter which way round it goes as long as knock is a knock and either of the temps is wired up i would assume the graphs would be the same scales etc

Braveheart

I have a sneaky suspicion that it would upset the factory ecu by not supplying the correct information which in turn would believe the car to be running cold and not turn on the fans.

Hopefully there will be no explo5ions (used 5 just incase CIA are looking for that word).:lol:
I have after market manual gauges to fit to monitor water / oil temp, oil pressure and A/F.
Koyo alloy rad should help to...