Driving activity day - North Weald airfield

youngsyp

Chaps,

I've organised a driving activity day at North Weald airfield in North Essex (just off the M11) with my brother.

The day is on Thursday 24th July and will cost £63.33. There is now 1 place left of 15.

Other cars to attend will be 2 GTiR's, around 10 Evo's of different variations and tuning level and a Volvo T5 !

The set up for the day is basically to hoon round a sprint circuit and high speed straight with a high speed bend at the end. There will also be an instructor there on the day who has a high level of motorsport experience (mainly sprints) so, he can give you pointers etc... if you want them.

Here's the web link if you're interested: http://www.carlimits.com/script/viewVenue.php?venueKey=5

Due to the nature of the day, and the way that Car Limits run them, helmets will not be needed !

If you're interested, let me know.

Paul

P

pulsarboby

looking forward to this paul, will be a good test for the car:-D 8)

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
looking forward to this paul, will be a good test for the car:-D 8)
Me too Bob, should be a very good day.

There's some guys from the MLR who like their track driving so, they should be interesting when we get in some timed runs !

Paul

P

pulsarboby

Mmmm! will be interesting to see how our motors fair against some high powered evos, can i run full slicks or is it road legal tyres only?

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
Mmmm! will be interesting to see how our motors fair against some high powered evos, can i run full slicks or is it road legal tyres only?
Around Christmas time, I had a run out with my brother in his 376 bhp Evo 8 on the road, and I had a 34 code on the ecu. I could keep with that then.
He's since put in some lumpy cams, added a 3" exhaust and a ported and polished exhaust manifold, along with a small amount of peak boost and the necessary remap. So, I'm looking forward to being timed against him.
He has done a few track days though so, I'm not under any disillusions....

As for tyres, run what you like. I know a few of the Evo's will be running the sticky A046 Yoko tyres.

I wonder if it might be a good idea to bring a helmet though, if you do go for the full slicks ?! Not that I expect it to be needed but, I guess you never know....

Paul

P

pulsarboby

on second thoughts i will just run normal road tyres or that means ive got to put car on the low loader and bring another set of wets just incase its raining, and tbh i cant be assed:lol:
on top of that it will probably be stop n start all day so wont be able to get any heat in the slicks!

youngsyp

pulsarboby said:
on second thoughts i will just run normal road tyres or that means ive got to put car on the low loader and bring another set of wets just incase its raining, and tbh i cant be assed:lol:
on top of that it will probably be stop n start all day so wont be able to get any heat in the slicks!
My brother changes his tyres at the events so, there'll be a trolley jack and impact gun available, if you do want to change your rubber !

Paul

youngsyp

Come on people. This is a very, very cheap track event that will be very un-stressful on your car. And there's a qualified instructor at hand too, for no extra cost....

There must be someone out there who's interested ?

Paul

youngsyp

ashills said:
i tried book a place on mlr but was told it was full if there is one space left ill take it
Hi mate. My brother was organising it over on the MLR. It was full but, as usually happens, a few people who said they'd go, pulled out when the money was asked for. He managed to fill a couple of the places from reserves but, there is this one left.

If you still want to go, drop me a PM and I'll send over payment details. The day has already been paid for in full by myself and my brother so, the money would come directly to us.

Cheers

Paul

youngsyp

After being let down on this, the place I originally posted up is still open. Plus, 2 more people have pulled out on the MLR so, there are now 3 places open on this in total.

If you're interested, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks

Paul

P

pulsarboby

will be a fun day joe8) a chance to kick some evo butt, and for you to win a packet of fruit pastilles and a sherbert fountain off me:lol: :lol:

gtirjoey

lol the trouble being everytime we both put our foot down mine breaks! look forward to it should have the 3071 on by then if i ever get round to fitting it!

P

pulsarboby

ye have little faith joe,
your car will be fine! is my turn to start spitting engine parts this time lol

youngsyp

gtirjoey said:
Put me down please, need to do something other than quarter miles its getting boring! lol
OK matey, I'll PM you the details for payment etc...

Don't worry about breaking the car mate. It shouldn't be much more stressful on it that a good blast down a country lane. They'll just be less to drive into !! :lol:

Paul

P

pulsarboby

what a fantastic day! some of you missed out big time on this one:-D

took the car to its absolute limit with loads of sideways action also, and have learnt a lot about the cars handling characteristics, ie no understeer just break traction and get sideways.

would like to thank paul for organising this and was good to finally meet you:) brilliant day with great weather and im sure gtirjoe had a whale of a time too and has now been bitten with the trackday bug lol

and the other bonus is that all 3 cars were not outclassed in any way by the evo boys (in fact quicker than most8) and all came back with engines still running, apart from my bumper that come off on the way back and got caught under wheel but amazingly enough even that is still all intact:-D :-D

bring on brands hatch8)

kenan

South West Regional Rep
Sounds like you had a good day Bob.

Would be good to try to book a GTIROC only event like this