D2/K-Sport style coil overs

SickBoy

That will be about 5 minutes then at your age !!!!;-)

Remind me m8 ill do it on friday when im off give me a ring

Lee

Should have said.
Uncompressed fronts are 180mm and rears are 252mm.
Measured them up in every way before copper greasing the lot and then fitting.
Also made some covers to go over them to keep them nice and clean.

O

Odin

R called Jay said:
Should have said.
Uncompressed fronts are 180mm and rears are 252mm.
Measured them up in every way before copper greasing the lot and then fitting.
Also made some covers to go over them to keep them nice and clean.

Cheers mate 8) ;-) , I thought that they where both the same :oops: .

Also do you know there width ?.

Rob

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

SickBoy said:
That will be about 5 minutes then at your age !!!!;-)

Remind me m8 ill do it on friday when im off give me a ring

Lee

As you can see fella your not needed any longer :roll: You had you chance to be a hero and blew it :roll: :roll: :cry: .

Rob

O

Odin

SickBoy said:
Im so gutted :? :roll:

Lee
And so you should matey :roll: , I mean how bl00dy hard is it to open a box and messure some springs :? ?.

Your about as much use as dooie is on a drag day :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

Thunder God said:
Cheers mate 8) ;-) , I thought that they where both the same :oops: .

Also do you know there width ?.

Rob
Yep.
Internal diameter is 85mm and internal is 62mm.
These are measurements from my G-Force coilovers, couldn't say 100% if all sets are the same but they look indentical.

A

andrew

HOPE THIS HELPS

okay i have decided to work on the suspension and handling mods on the gti first before i dump the gti-r engine.

I am getting full d2 racing pro coilovers, whiteline works full kit

first up the coilovers

what a diffrence in handling, amazing, who needs 4 wheel drive

just for the record gti guys

nissan pulsar gti-r coilovers can fit a gti fwd sunny, just a few hit ajdustments were needed, this was a big debate on some forums, the pruth is below. enjoy

the d2 men testing out the ride height

i am loving it right now, but i already scraped the underside cross member coming into my housing development this evening got to be extra careful tomorrow

okay been driving around in north london to and from work today and have to say the car is way too low. although it looks mean i can't live with it already scraped on 3 bumps, will be getting it lifted a slight bit, i think is lowered 60mmm will bring it up to 50mm or 55mm just enough to still look low but not catch high bumps, how great are coilovers, if i had lowering spring only i would have been fooked

as i said the car is getting raised on wed. Its just too low for the streets around where i live and work

so from lowered around 60-65 will raise to around 55-50mm, or maybe just raise the front and leave the back

cheers guys, anyway the spings on the coilover have settled and look even lower, i will get it rasied a bit this week, just enough to still loook mean , but high enough to clear london street bumps easily, and without having to got over each hump at 1mph.

say by to slammed sunny

okay got the car raised 15mm at the front and 10mm at the back, and that is just about right, clearing high bumps nicely now, although still close but no more crapping and its a better drive.....pics, then its time to source the power plant

and it will fit behind the bumper without cutting or anyone knowing there is a front mount...so no more top mount

have to admit i have the dampers set on 3/4 hard and i am suffering , every bump on the road shakes ur teeth, but for handling and going round corners its amazing handles better than my old gtir as that was just on trust down max spings 35mm with standard suspension set up

i got the d2's adjusted right by the d2 men themselves had to go back a second time to get it reset though but have to say its the best £- - - i've spent on any mod

http://www.d2racingsport.co.uk/products/d2/coilover/index.ht ml

Last edited by a moderator:
O

Odin

Thanks mate, I've deleted the bottom bit of your post because this isn't a thread about where and to buy a set from.

Nice project by the way.

Rob