brake problem.

davey red.r

antgtir said:
Sounds more like air in the system to me. I found a huge difference when i spent about an hour alone bleeding the brakes all round. Bled the front 4 pots each piston, then bled the rears, remembering to do the furthest piston from the reservoir first and work your way closer, this tracks the air back as far as possible.

This made a considerable difference to the feel of the pedal and i was supprised to see quite a bit of air still in the system.

You DONT need to run the engine whilst doing this either.

I personally wouldn't advise pinching brake lines as you can damage the line then under heavy braking this may fail, both for rubber and braided.

Ant.
good advice there matey;-)

davey

davey red.r

Odin said:
Have you fitted those rear calipers and pagid disc's and pads I sent you yet ?, They worked perfectly on my car as it only went through the M O T a few months ago with really good rear braking and hand brake performance.

As for the mintex pads question, That's what I replaced at the back with that pagid set up, The pagid discs and pads work a lot better than the old mintex pads and grooved discs ever did!

Rob
friday norse god!they are getting put on, cleaned them up etc,
what did you run on the front of yours rob pagid?

davey;-)

MarkTurbo

Garef said:
If you can pinch your brake lines somewhere before the calipers and you still have the same problem when pressing the pedal it's the master cylinder that's gone. Be careful when doing this though if you have braided hoses.
Anyone that does that to their brakelines (whether rubber or braided) is a :mong:

As already said doing it to a braided hose will f**k it up, and if you think pinching a 14+ year old rubber brakeline (thats probably starting to perish a bit :lol: ) is a good idea then you need your head examined ;-)

Animaldaz

^^^^^my thoughts exactly, as you say mark pinching very old rubber hoses is a no no too, but if they are in good nick and you use the correct tool and not a pair of mole grips then you shouldnt have a problem.