Bogdan's elbows

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
What advantages does it have over the standard unit?
Less restriction in the exhaust means better flow. - You can make better use of your after-market exhaust which probably results in the turbo spinning up earlier (results may vary).

KieranEG6

Basically the stock cast unit is dog shit. Quite a restrictive, heavy chunk of cast. Widened ones like these that are well made will result in many benefits. Faster spool, better flow more power And likely less weight over the front end. All good things.

Dangerous Dave

What Kieran has said.

And ms whilst your about can you send me your email address please Kieran as I want to send you a few photos as I'm finally getting around to sorting your parts out.

KieranEG6

I take it these will be ok to get ceramic coated before fitting?. Was going to wrap but think would be too fiddly. Reminds me I need a turbo blanket.

Did you get my Email in PM dave?

rab

This might seem like a stupid question, but does this fit straight onto a 2 1/2 mongoose downpipe? Or do i need a new downpipe?

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
This might seem like a stupid question, but does this fit straight onto a 2 1/2 mongoose downpipe? Or do i need a new downpipe?
That's the benefit of Bogdan's work. - It's a direct fit, so if your Mongoose bolts onto the existing elbow it will bolt onto this one with no modification; even the lambda sensor lines-up where it's supposed to be.

I've seen others that have a lot of welds to make the radius and my concern is that the more welds used, the more heat went into the piece... and the more chance there is of distortion. Obviously if it's distorted it won't line-up with everything else. - I'm not a fabrication expert, but I did look into tips and tricks on welding when I was thinking about repairing my own arches (and decided the chance of me bodging it was too great).

If you're really uncertain you could have a custom elbow made just for you buy a competent builder, but I think that will cost you more.