Blitz specR can anyone help?

Dan_GTiR

Thanks for the rply Brett

Got it wire in and it works, didn't blow anything so I'm quite happy :)

Just need to find a place to mount the solenoid now :? not much room in the bay at all.

Thanks again

Dan. :)

B

Brett G

As for the solenoid... Mine is mounted at the front right of the intercooler (looking from the front) where the old unit would usually sit (not sure what unit but its the one that is no longer needed). There's a bracket you can bolt it to :wink:

Brett

Dan_GTiR

Got the solenoid mounted, put it inside my cold air box out of the way.

Now just have to figure out what settings to put in it :?

Going to enjoy myself tomorrow blatting up and down my local "air strip" :wink: :wink:

Just hope I don't blow anything up.

B

Brett G

I think it can get confusing when psi and other non metric units get into the equasion it gets a bit messy for obvious reasons they are not based on one another etc. Bar and Pascals are both part of the metric system and are based on exactly the same units, I should've already known this but its been a long time since i've had to use it...... Oh well hope this clears up some confusion :wink:

Brett

Dan_GTiR

Well, got the soleniod mounted, and played about with the settings.

Setting 1 is at 0.8 bar and setting 2 at 1 bar, leaving the other 2 settings alone for now as I've not installed the Apexi SAFC yet.

All I can say about setting 2 is WOW what a difference it makes to the driving. It's like driving a totally different car, the only downside I've found is watching the petrol gauge go from full to nowt left in the space of 3 days.

Anyway cheers for the info from this thread, was very useful. :)

Dooie Pop Pop

just to finish am now running with a gain of 33 and ratio of 41. its just shy of 1bar on my vacuum guage on a standard setup with no overboost.

stu

Dooie Pop Pop

cold snaps are a pain :x lowered gain today to a safer: gain30 ratio40 am getting about .98bar, would removing some of the slack in the vacuum pipework make it react any quicker?

G

GtiR kID

hi guys got a question for u lot theres three outputs on the back of the controller mines got two plugged in but the third one is not plugged into nething is that normal?i was thinking it was an spare option?

G

GtiR kID

hi guys got a question for u lot theres three outputs on the back of the controller mines got two plugged in but the third one is not plugged into nething is that normal?i was thinking it was an spare option? ne help appreciated

Paul R

Yep thats apparently for data logging, it plugs into another unit Blitz do, not the SBC iD stuff though.

I was going to take a look at it to see if it was standard serial comms at some point unless someone has also had a look before now???

Pipe length

It could make an ever so slight difference (miniscule) but tbh it not really going to have much of an effect unless your pipe is like 3ft long (and then your gifted).

Theoretically the shorter run the better but I've never measured it to find out any difference. I think it does mention something in the manual for the Blitz and AVCR doesn't it?

Another thing to consider is the sampling rate of the controller and the length of the boost pickup pipe, these will have a difference to the response time.

Gain setting

I tried turning the gain up from 15 to 25 and on my 1 bar setting where I normally got ~0.98 peak I've been getting ~1.08 average instead.

I think thats from spike not boost creep. Car feels better but then it would because it's slightly more boost. Think I'll put it down to 20 and see what happens.

Dooie Pop Pop

yeah spikes :( dont help when the ambient temps are irregular.
turned my gain down to 15 and left the ratio on 40 for a safe and spike free .98 doesn' t wave about at all now :D not fussed about the .02 tbh i havn' t noticed it missing :roll: :lol:
limiters set on 1.01 with a reduction value of 2. i haven' t heard it beep since i turned it down 8)

B

Brett G

Another question:
There is a 'P' setting and a 'C' setting... Which is for what?? I think i've got to grips with everything else :wink:

Thanks guys... Merry christmas and a happy new year!! :D

Brett

pete-r

err,what do the beeps mean :oops: .mines set at standard and 1.2bar.ive used the 1.2bar a couple of times and when it reaches full boost it bleeps twice.the car was set up on a RR and it seems to be eating a lot of fuel,so i took for granted that the place that tuned it have upped the fueling.ive got an emanage to be fitted so ill run the car as standard until thats done.but are the beeps a bad thing then?
i have got the instructions in english but they dont mention the bleeps.

Paul R

Brett

The P and the C values are for scramble boost. If set when you reach the limiter you can opt to increase :shock: or decrease the ratio setting for certain amount of time in seconds.

I haven't played around with that as I couldn't think of a situation where it would be useful in my case (shame its not externally triggerable).

Pete

The beeps are when you hit the limiter, the display should also turn red. Check the peak value to see if you are, you will have to adjust the gain or ratio if it gets annoying or you get a hunting effect.

Hope everyone had a merry crimbo and a happy new year :D

B

Brett G

Thanks Paul... Still not totally sure what you mean though :? :roll: I thought one was how quickly the waste gate closes or something?? i.e. how quickly it reaches max boost :?: :?:

Brett

Paul R

You could be right, the doc I read a while ago said they were for the scramble boost settings.

Scramble boost is where the boost increases on a certain event, the Greddy and other controllers have a scramble setting or 'overtaking' setting which you can activate with an external switch mounted somewhere like the steering wheel.

Handy for those "Oh bugger theres something coming the other way when overtaking" moments.

AFAIK ours allows you to increase or decrease the boost (ratio) when the limiter is reached.

The gain is used to control how quickly the boost increase by fiddling with the wastegate.

If your right though, and I hope you are then I'll be quite happy :D

B

Brett G

Well if I find out anything more I'll be sure to let you know Paul :wink: