Blitz specR can anyone help?

B

Brett G

I have a Blitz specR boost controller fitted and all the instructions are in Japanese. I've taught myself how to use it but now I'm starting to think there are things I don't quite know about or understand!?
Basically I have my four settings but they fluctuate!! For example one day the highest setting will peak over a bar other days under.... By quite a bit sometimes?? So I can only get my settings roughly right!
I'm sure there must be a function where I can set the settings by there actual peak in bar!? At the moment I can only set it on a number with no units which just relates to how high the boost is going to be but its not accurate enough in my opinion, especially as I was told that these controllers are very good at not spiking etc :roll: :?: :?:
Any advise or does anyone have a copy of the instructions that they could lend or scan for me? I only need the page or pages which relates to this :wink:

Cheers guys

Brett

Dooie Pop Pop

iv got one mate, matty found some instructions for me in english online somewhere think they' re on the 200sxoc site.

have had climate related spikes up to .06 over peak whick i thought wouldn' t happen too :? seems driving the car during the day and leaving it till early morning when its cold has the most adverse effect but it does 'learn' and adjust itself.
let us know if you have any luck. mines set up as a percentage over standard by the way.

stu

Paul R

You can get spiking by having a too high a gain level. Things I would do.

Set the limiter setting to your max value you want it to go to, remember it's in hkPa not bar. You set the limiter value by holding the left button for a second or so, after setting the limiter value you set how much to drop the ratio by when hitting the limiter value, I think mine is around 2 or 3 not very much otherwise you get a "surging" effect as the controller plays with the boost.

Leave the scramble setting alone for now.

These are my settings for comparison:
Gain is 14.

Channel 1 has a ratio of 0, this is my OMG I couldn't get Optimax/SUL setting.
Channel 2 has a ratio of 32, this is around 0.8 bar.
Channel 3 has a ratio of 49, this is around 1.bar.
Channel 4 has a ratio of 63, this is around 1.2 bar.

The value you get to will depend on your breathing mods such as exhaust/induction and possibly fueling.

I wouldn't try the 1.2 bar without having the car setup.

I've noticed sometimes when looking at the peak boost that I'm down on power when it shouldn't be, I think it's a balance of setting the gain depending on if you plant your foot or accellerate slower.

I've got the English instructions in the garage somewhere, but they don't help much. Try the 200SX or 300ZX sites for a breakdown of the settings, think I tried a GTO site for my initial setup.

What settings do you have?

sturat said:
it does 'learn' and adjust itself
Does it? Didn't know that.

Dooie Pop Pop

seems too 'learn' anyway iv gone over every pipe looking for leaks and cant find any :? its effected by big shifts in temp i think :?

Paul R

could be, where did u plumb yours into? I've tried the pipe going to the dump valve and the original MAP/boost sensor

Dooie Pop Pop

mines plumbed into the acutator and restictor pipe. gonna have a look for the instructions myself.

you reckon too much gain causes the spikes then?

Dooie Pop Pop

steves great :D but i think he set my gain or limiter a little to high. either that or there' s somehting wrong somewhere which i doubt cos it dont peaks @1bar when the weathers warmer cant be arsed to look till the weekend, work @6am :(

mattygti-r

sturat said:
steves great :D but i think he set my gain or limiter a little to high. either that or there' s somehting wrong somewhere which i doubt cos it dont peaks @1bar when the weathers warmer cant be arsed to look till the weekend, work @6am :(
Steve installed Bretts one too,

my boost is playing about due to the cold weather too, its really odd

only hits 0.5 at the mo :roll:

Paul R

sturat said:
mines plumbed into the acutator and restictor pipe.
Sorry, I meant the boost pickup line that goes to the unit itself. Is yours on the actuator feed?

sturat said:
you reckon too much gain causes the spikes then?
Yep I reckon so, if I set too high a level mine spikes. What are your current settings?

B

Brett G

Thanks for the replies guys, sorry I don't get on here much anymore so can't always get back very quickly :?
I'm not entirely sure what all my settings are just what they peak at roughly. Setting1: about 0.5. Set2: about 0.70. Set3: about 0.85. Set4: about 1-1.05 (thats set to about 34).... Very supprised about it not being in bar :shock: Thought it was :roll: shouldn't of just assumed I suppose.
I'm going to have a look at the conversion from hkpa to bar

Cheers

Brett

B

Brett G

Just looked at the conversion and 1 Hectokilopascal hkpa = 1bar :cry: thought for a moment that I could safely raise my boost a little :lol:

Dooie Pop Pop

mattygti-r said:
my boost is playing about due to the cold weather too, its really odd

only hits 0.5 at the mo :roll:
ran mine today with the contro;ler off and my hks guage read .55bar :shock: still pulled fine though :wink: .

found my limiter was on 1.15 :shock: not good now 1.02bar
gain was on 40 :shock:
ratio i think iirc was 42 :?

am fidddling trying to find best spool up without overboost @1bar will let you know how i get on

cheers, stu

Dan_GTiR

I'm going to fit my Spec R tomorrow, and was wondering about settings etc. Some good info in this thread will definitely be referring back to it.

BTW, where have you guys mounted the control box, I was thinking about the top of the steering cowl, anyone with some pics?

Cheers

Dan. :)

Paul R

Conversion

1 hkPa is not exactly 1bar as far as I have found out, but then again there are quite a few sites which have different values strangely enough.

Last I read (going from memory was 1.1hkPa = 1bar) but I don't mind being corrected. Mine peaks at around 1.17 hkPa which isn't really 1.2bar. The limiter is set to 1.26 hkPa.

Dan_GTiR said:
BTW, where have you guys mounted the control box, I was thinking about the top of the steering cowl, anyone with some pics?
depends if you want it out of view from thieving pikeys.

Personally I don't use the boost reading from it as I have another gauge so I've put mine where the ashtray was, the runners hold it in snug.

I keep it on the ratio display so I know what channel I'm in. If I need to see the peak value then it's just a flick through with the volume button.

Dooie Pop Pop

Agree with paul, hide it. some plank' ll toy with the idea of nabbing it. id rather not give em the chance. could mount it on the bottom of the shelf at the top your footwell or the glovebox(safer, you cant touch it :wink: ). hit .6 bar @ WOT on the way home from work with the dsbc turned off :twisted: :lol: dv sounds very stealthy..

Dan_GTiR

Thanks for the replies on where to mount the control unit fella's :)

Also, my sound like I don't know what I'm on about, but do you wire the +ve to a permanent or switched live :?:

Cheers

Dan. :)

B

Brett G

I didn't wire mine up myself, but I'm sure there must be a switched and constant live feed as mine only comes on with the ignition and yet it holds the memory (unless it has an internal battery... Which I doubt) Could be wrong??
As for mounting mine sits in the ashtray holder as already said, fits nice but cannot see the display as clear as i would like i.e. which setting it is on (as they are displayed just out of view in little digits on the top left hand side of the unit), thats probably another reason why Paul has his on the ratio display!? Which is a good idea :wink:
As far as I can see 1 hkpa = 1 bar.... exactly!!! But as I say I would love to be corrected for then I can run more boost :twisted: :twisted:

Brett

B

Brett G

As far as I know 1 bar is a metric unit!! So it goes exactly into Pascals etc.

1 bar = 100000 Pa (pascals)
= 100 kPa
= 1 hkPa

:cry: