blitz dual sbc settings

williams

anyone got one of these?

i cant get more than 1 bar no matter what settings i use.

anyone got any idea on what settings to use?

nimhbk

i had the sbc

And had no end of bother with it,try what Bob said, and then if that dont work get it on Ebay

hope you have better luck me

williams

pipes are on correct. i got it off trip so im not really expecting him to of sold me anything thats broke. with pipes the other way i only get standard boost.
i can run it at standard boost, and adjust the ratio to get 1 bar, but cant get the scramble setting to work to get over 1 bar.

nimhbk

My problems were Mr Williams it would now hold what you set the vaules at if i put it at 1bar it would hit about 1.4

put it 0.7 it would it would hit 1 to 1.1

gave me real head aches

And left me £200 out of pocket as i got it for about £400 brand new and sold it on ebay for about £200

purchased a evc6 which for a hks prouduct has been very good for a change

williams

If I can't get this sorted I'm gunna stop pissing about trying to save money and get an avcr. I see trip had the same prob so hope its not a faulty controller.

P

pulsarboby

if your after an avcr marc (without sounding like a vulture lol) ive just got in one of the limited edition black faced ones not new but all boxed im looking for £200 for it.
ive not listed it for sale yet

Trip

Hey marc, sent you a PM.

before jumping to conclusion, i must admit that i changed it for an AVCR since i wanted a real thing. Bob, If only i knew you had one.. I bought mine for £280 and its the silver/blue one :(

Marc, By problem was simly a bloody boost leak between turbo outlet and hard pipe. I cut a silicon hose and used it as a gasket. As i said, i did get from 10psi to 15psi but that was my choice to stop there since i was running on standard engine and turbo.

You can have a number of problems why you are not getting boost. You might have a weak actuator spring, boost leak (like i had) or simply a a little of everything.

If you conclude 100% that the boost controller is the problem, i will refund you your payment don't worry.. but i wouldn't have sold it overseas if i knew it was faulty especially to a member in here.

try and pump 1 bar of air in the vacuum feed of the controller and see if the soleniod clicks...

williams

I didn't think u would have sold me a faulty unit, I'd rather have an apexi to be honest, but would like to solve this problem if its me engine/turbo. I get about 20 psi with vacum pipe off actuator. I can get up to a bar, using the controller, but can't get any more. Any ideas?

nimhbk

hi Trip

was not making out you sold a duff item

i just found the blitz product to be less then helpfull

Trip

I didn't think u would have sold me a faulty unit, I'd rather have an apexi to be honest, but would like to solve this problem if its me engine/turbo. I get about 20 psi with vacum pipe off actuator. I can get up to a bar, using the controller, but can't get any more. Any ideas?
Did you hear the soleniod clicking, when it clicks it is hiding boost pressure going to actuator. I do not know how much it can hide though.. On the manual is says its good for 2bar +

williams

Yeah I read that, for setting the avcr do you set an actual boost setting or is a ratio or actuator pressure like the sbc?

P

pulsarboby

with avcr you adjust boost level so you can see real time what you are running (none of this % maths bollox lol)

avcr takes a bit of reading to understand it all fully as you can set boost to different levels in different gears, scramble settings etc but the basic setting is simple. even i can get my head round it and im dim with anything like that lol.

i let ed set mine up on rollers so you dont get surge issues etc, but if i wanted to i could easily do it myself.

ev....this has only just come in on car we bought along with loads of other parts ive not had time to list yet.

Trip

ev....this has only just come in on car we bought along with loads of other parts ive not had time to list yet.
N/P bob. I payed for it a long time ago, even though it arrived last monday. (p.s. at your convenience, can you check the transfer case drain plug for me please)

P

pulsarboby

yep im not at yard today but il be there tomorrow so will have a definate answer by tomorrow evening