Billet casing

warpspeed

i really don't know yet, i will buy at least one and see how it works out.
I personally am really pleased at the price quoted by Mazworx for this as i think it's a reasonable price for what it is and the fact that it looks to be a proper permanent solution to our gearbox woes.
I am waiting on a reply from Mazworx to see if any deal can be sorted out for multiple purchases, if i sell them i wouldn't be doing it for nothing but i want to see as many of these a possible fitted to cars so if i try to take the piss and make too much profit nobody will buy them through/from me.
Before anybody starts moaning that this is touting for a group buy without permission, i'm simply saying i'm going to buy 1 or 2 of these, my thoughts are that if i can get them in the uk for very little cost then it's saving everbody that wants one some money, i don't know how many i would be able to get in or dates etc, i've still to speak to my friend, although he has always said i'm welcome to ship stuff in the motorhomes.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Meh... I think it is a good price too; more than I'm willing to spend, but about half what I guessed it would be.

If you can set-up a deal/distribution rights for the UK/Europe I'm confident the club would have no issue.
Covering costs is one thing, it's profiteering that people object to; and you've already told everybody the price they'd have to pay for one if they bought it themselves.:eek:k:

warpspeed

If you can set-up a deal/distribution rights for the UK/Europe I'm confident the club would have no issue.
Covering costs is one thing, it's profiteering that people object to; and you've already told everybody the price they'd have to pay for one if they bought it themselves.:eek:k:
I'm not trying to set up some kind of exclusive deal for these, if someone else was to then good luck to them and fair play.
It's more important for me to see as many cars as possible fitted with these as it means more big power cars can be built, stick it up to the evo/impreza/skyline owners who rightly so have looked down their noses at us all these years.
There's no point me trying to hide the price as it will be on the Mazworx website soon anyway and if i was quoting silly prices i would soon get found out and end up not selling any and i imagine a fair few people would call me lots of names and fall out with me, i'm not really trying to run a business here so don't need to make lots of profit, at a guess if i could sell them around the £2k mark that would cover my costs and taxes yet still be a reasonable price for what it is and does?

Last edited:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Have any boxes been built using this case, has it been "road tested" at all? Obviously it would be more expensive and take longer to develop but would the proposed be a like for like design with just the problem areas strengthened or could this be an opening to develop a gearbox case that would hold a more reliable gearset (6 speed Audi) .........

edit: Just read that first post properly :oops: and realised that it must be a tested design but perhaps still a worthwhile question.

warpspeed

Have any boxes been built using this case, has it been "road tested" at all? Obviously it would be more expensive and take longer to develop but would the proposed be a like for like design with just the problem areas strengthened or could this be an opening to develop a gearbox case that would hold a more reliable gearset (6 speed Audi) .........

edit: Just read that first post properly :oops: and realised that it must be a tested design but perhaps still a worthwhile question.
Would be a good idea if it could take a cheaper, stronger, more readily available gearset but I'm not making them...

warpspeed

Ok, I have just heard back from Mazworx, the price quoted is for the casing only, they said they don't see the need for a billet bellhousing, I have asked why not if they have managed to split one on their 9 sec run.
They are happy to do a discount on multiple purchases once it is clearer how many would be required...

red reading

if you change the bearings on the lay shaft scot with a straight cut gearset the bell housing will be fine, its the 2 taper roller bearings that will cause the issue on the bell housing side from thrust load. And i am interested in a case.

warpspeed

Cheers for clearing that up Danny, they have just replied saying they made a strengthening plate and welded it in, and to do a casing and bellhousing would be over $4k.
I'm going to work on wed for 4 weeks but I'll contact you when I get back as I'd like to get you to build me up a box with straight cut gearset once I get a billet casing or 2 in.

warpspeed

shouldn't have spent all that money on smelly knickers then......:lol: right Martyn, your turn...

STU666V

Not this again! :)
Good on you for sorting out these casings, if you need one tried out just ship it up to me :)

warpspeed

don't offer to pay for it with knickers!...:lol:

No problem, let's hope it works out with the casings, i cannot wait to get my car built up now that i know it's gonna have a proper 'box fitted, i've even got a nice Tilton 7 1/4" multi-plate clutch in anticipation! 8)