BHP Expectations and boost settings

EVOBAD

Mar 25, 2006
pop down 2 interpro as ther closest 2 u & get it set for1.2bar good power for 1bar mate

EVOBAD

Mar 25, 2006
no need for injectors or ecu if your only going for 1.2 but car would be better if emange was fitted but thats up 2 u, mumpet fits the emange at a good price plus u can try westec who are in newport ther number is on wales gtir forum under tuneing

K

keiichi

ashills said:
no gt28 will do 400bhp will do 380 at a very hard push as people have found out on here
1.3 bar is about as far as u should push a standard engine and turbo really with a new turbo with 360 thrust bearing then u can up the boost to what ever the turbo will do the standard engine should be happy at as much as 1.5-6 bar (maybe more if your happy for something to fail sooner) if mapped very well on the e-manage etc
Sure, so with a new turbo and good map I can run as much as 400bhp on the stock bottom end then - what turbo do you suggest?

O

Odin

keiichi said:
Sure, so with a new turbo and good map I can run as much as 400bhp on the stock bottom end then - what turbo do you suggest?

I'm running 400bhp on the standard bottom end matey :thumbsup: .

Rob

EVOBAD

Mar 25, 2006
gt30r which is a very popular turbo on gtir my old r produced 401bhp 0n 1.5bar with strd manifold the turbo will take 2bar

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
gt30r which is a very popular turbo on gtir my old r produced 401bhp 0n 1.5bar with strd manifold the turbo will take 2bar
Got the part number for that - Garret www site right?> is it a direct bolt on job?

O

Odin

keiichi said:
Got the part number for that - Garret www site right?> is it a direct bolt on job?

Just buy a 3071R and jobs a good en, I'm running a JGYBB37R but it's a little laggy for most taste's, But it does give you a real kick in the ar5e :twisted: :thumbsup: ...

Rob

J

jord369!

so what power gain is there to be had from upping the boost? anyone??