BHP Expectations and boost settings

K

keiichi

I'm going to have my Blue Emanage mapped in a week or two. I'd like to confirm what the general expectations are from the following spec & realisitcally what I should expect & any limitations...

Car has stock internals and does not smoke.

FMIC, Walbro 255, Oil Cooler, AVC-R, Induction Kit, 3" Turbo back system.

Currenty 1 Bar 300bhp

Nismo 555's to go in at time of map (assuming I need them)

Would it be fair to expect the car to be able to run 1.2 bar with the remap & additon of the uprated injectors?

What power can I expect with 1.2 Bar & how should the ignition be setup?

I expect the stock gearbox & T28 are on the limit at this rating???!

Thanks in advance.

EVOBAD

u will be looking at 320-330 bhp ,if your puting 550 inj in why dont u put z32maf on as well ,strd inj will run 350bhp allday so is it worth changing them if your only going for 1.2bar as for turbo yes it will be on its limit but gearbox will take 400bhp if u look after it

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
u will be looking at 320-330 bhp ,if your puting 550 inj in why dont u put z32maf on as well ,strd inj will run 350bhp allday so is it worth changing them if your only going for 1.2bar as for turbo yes it will be on its limit but gearbox will take 400bhp if u look after it
Sure, perhaps I don't need to upgrade the injectors - is it worthwhile? Will the standard (440cc??) injectors being running near 100% duty? i.e. is it better to have the 550's running @ say 75% for arguments sake

EVOBAD

personaly i wouldnt bother with emange -550 etc the strd ecu will run 1.2bar with the correct tunning id save up for new turbo then get z32,550 then get it set up & run 1.4bar mate i found that out when i got emange set up on my old gtir ,car was runniong 320bhp with strd ecu running 1.2bar put emange on tuned it car made 326bhp at 1.2bar cost £530 with tunning japanese so 6 extra bhp for £530 they said wasnt worth doing that & a waste of £530 ,ended up geting gt30,550inj,z32maf went back car produced 401bhp 0n 1.5bar at a cost of £560

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
personaly i wouldnt bother with emange -550 etc the strd ecu will run 1.2bar with the correct tunning id save up for new turbo then get z32,550 then get it set up & run 1.4bar mate i found that out when i got emange set up on my old gtir ,car was runniong 320bhp with strd ecu running 1.2bar put emange on tuned it car made 326bhp at 1.2bar cost £530 with tunning japanese so 6 extra bhp for £530 they said wasnt worth doing that & a waste of £530 ,ended up geting gt30,550inj,z32maf went back car produced 401bhp 0n 1.5bar at a cost of £560
I'm listening... so how much is sensible on the stock bottom end & box? - 1.4 bar I can run with simply adding a Z32 MAF, the 550's and a new turbo and get numbers around 400bhp? Sorry If I've picked you up wrong.

So....

1.0 bar at the moment with emanage

1.2 bar an be used simply by increasing the boost and will be OK (maybe a tweak to the map)

1.4 bar can be used with a Z32 MAF & 550's on the stock turbo/bottom end?

At what point is the standard MAF a restriction?

The smart move would be to run 1.3-1.4 bar then and pickup a Z32 MAF?

Confused.. sorry :?

EVOBAD

strd ecu is good for 1.2bar if set up on rollers 330bhp
u only need 2 start using emange after this most people put z32 maf plus injetors on with emange ,if u still use the strd turbo with this set up its posible 2 run 1.4bar with uprated actavator so it will hold the boost as stock 1 is crap after 1.2bar ul be looking at 340-350bhp with this set up but turbo wont last very long ,as for bottom end if engine is healty with good oil presure & has good maping should be ok for 400bhp

C

crash bandit

I read all these threads about what power you can realisticaly expect from the standard ecu and all I do is confuse myself. I was told the ecu will cope upto 1bar of boost, (approx 280 bhp ) now I see it's creeping up to 1.2? Or can the ecu be tweeked? Another consideration is the clutch. over 280 bhp and the clutch wont last very long.

rayman75

i would recommend the e-manage blue, as you beable to have the cars setup properly with the fueling and timing, and as the e-mange is cheap as chips at the mo, and you have scope for further tuinning.

i have just had mine RR 334@fly and 318 lbft torque, im running the emanage ultimate, with z32 and 1.2 bar of boost.

EVOBAD

strd clutch wont last long on 1bar get a fast road organic AP or helix they will hold 400bhp as for ecu if u get it set up on rollers with walbro fuel pump,fmicooler kit,exhuast,etc ul be able 2 run 1.2bar as thats the power mine stared of at ,strd turbo will be ok

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
strd ecu is good for 1.2bar if set up on rollers 330bhp
u only need 2 start using emange after this most people put z32 maf plus injetors on with emange ,if u still use the strd turbo with this set up its posible 2 run 1.4bar with uprated actavator so it will hold the boost as stock 1 is crap after 1.2bar ul be looking at 340-350bhp with this set up but turbo wont last very long ,as for bottom end if engine is healty with good oil presure & has good maping should be ok for 400bhp
Nice one, thanks again mate, ok so as the car currently has an emanage already fitted I really need to consider the Z32 & 550's - perhaps running the stock turbo between 1.3-1.4 and keep an eye on temps / preasure. What is the next obvious step with the turbo - bearing in mind I want to retain the stock bottom end - is that realistically my full whack - much difference between 1.2 & 1.4 in terms of smile factor??:-D

K

keiichi

rayman75 said:
i would recommend the e-manage blue, as you beable to have the cars setup properly with the fueling and timing, and as the e-mange is cheap as chips at the mo, and you have scope for further tuinning.

i have just had mine RR 334@fly and 318 lbft torque, im running the emanage ultimate, with z32 and 1.2 bar of boost.
It already has one. Sweet - so I need* the Z32 - the stock MAF will not meter up to 330-350bhp ish - thanks

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
strd clutch wont last long on 1bar get a fast road organic AP or helix they will hold 400bhp as for ecu if u get it set up on rollers with walbro fuel pump,fmicooler kit,exhuast,etc ul be able 2 run 1.2bar as thats the power mine stared of at ,strd turbo will be ok
Sure, so I've read that certain clutches can damage the box! - is this true?

Whats the average labour costs of fitting one - any other considerations whilst I get it done - flywheel worth doing? Skiming?

J

jord369!

i am also keen to know what the actual benifit is of upping boost?? how much extra power can be gained by upping from say 1 bar to ......1.6 bar??? providing turbo can hold this much boost?

EVOBAD

stick with the organic apracing or helix ul be fine keep away from paddle clutches ul only need these if your running over 400bhp

as for turbo the t28gtrs is a good turbo for upto350-400bhp straight bolt on or gt30r which i used which needs a few upgrades 2 fit

EVOBAD

ul be looking at 280bhp with 1bar if u hav already fitted uprated exhuast,indution kit ,i would recomend fitting boost controler as bleadvalves are pants & fit walbro fuel pump 2 ,with these mods ul be able 2 run 1.2 bar but a frontmount intercooler would be a good idea 2 at 1.2bar

EVOBAD

keiichi said:
Sure, so I've read that certain clutches can damage the box! - is this true?

Whats the average labour costs of fitting one - any other considerations whilst I get it done - flywheel worth doing? Skiming?
prices all diffrent depends wher u go as for flywheel i would skim it but not to much:-D

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
stick with the organic apracing or helix ul be fine keep away from paddle clutches ul only need these if your running over 400bhp

as for turbo the t28gtrs is a good turbo for upto350-400bhp straight bolt on or gt30r which i used which needs a few upgrades 2 fit
Ta, so T28GTRS is this a direct bolt on - do you have the part number? Who does these cheap.. ebay job... japanrhd from ebay?

ashills

no gt28 will do 400bhp will do 380 at a very hard push as people have found out on here
1.3 bar is about as far as u should push a standard engine and turbo really with a new turbo with 360 thrust bearing then u can up the boost to what ever the turbo will do the standard engine should be happy at as much as 1.5-6 bar (maybe more if your happy for something to fail sooner) if mapped very well on the e-manage etc

marcus_g

So where should i head now got, fmic, clutch, oil cooler, walbro, 3"exhaust from turbo with de cat, running 1 bar and made 314 bhp what do i need to do to run say 1.2 bar just crack it up or should i get it set up???

cheers marc