BHP Expectations and boost settings

EVOBAD

no need for injectors or ecu if your only going for 1.2 but car would be better if emange was fitted but thats up 2 u, mumpet fits the emange at a good price plus u can try westec who are in newport ther number is on wales gtir forum under tuneing

K

keiichi

ashills said:
no gt28 will do 400bhp will do 380 at a very hard push as people have found out on here
1.3 bar is about as far as u should push a standard engine and turbo really with a new turbo with 360 thrust bearing then u can up the boost to what ever the turbo will do the standard engine should be happy at as much as 1.5-6 bar (maybe more if your happy for something to fail sooner) if mapped very well on the e-manage etc
Sure, so with a new turbo and good map I can run as much as 400bhp on the stock bottom end then - what turbo do you suggest?

O

Odin

keiichi said:
Sure, so with a new turbo and good map I can run as much as 400bhp on the stock bottom end then - what turbo do you suggest?

I'm running 400bhp on the standard bottom end matey :thumbsup: .

Rob

EVOBAD

gt30r which is a very popular turbo on gtir my old r produced 401bhp 0n 1.5bar with strd manifold the turbo will take 2bar

K

keiichi

EVOBAD said:
gt30r which is a very popular turbo on gtir my old r produced 401bhp 0n 1.5bar with strd manifold the turbo will take 2bar
Got the part number for that - Garret www site right?> is it a direct bolt on job?

O

Odin

keiichi said:
Got the part number for that - Garret www site right?> is it a direct bolt on job?

Just buy a 3071R and jobs a good en, I'm running a JGYBB37R but it's a little laggy for most taste's, But it does give you a real kick in the ar5e :twisted: :thumbsup: ...

Rob

J

jord369!

so what power gain is there to be had from upping the boost? anyone??