balljoint lower arm

matp5

Can anyone confirm if the R's ball joints are the same than another Nissan?

Say the Sentra SE-R 2.0L (SR20DE) maybe?

thx

A

ard1ey

Can't confirm 100% they're the same as the Sentra SE-R, but I just fitted a pair I got from the local parts shop. They were listed for a 1.6 bog standard Sunny, same as the last pair I had so you should be ok. The balljoints I bought were made by FAI.

You will need a press or a vice though.

matp5

Wow, 30 seconds ;)

That's all good yougsyp, but I don't need a website to order Nissan parts. I need to know which "other" Nissan car (if there is any) that has the same ball joints as the 1991 Pulsar GTI-R.

thx

stumo

stevepudney said:
Makes a big smelly mess but the best way is to burn them out with an oxycetalene/blow torch

Steve

naa, put several (lots)drill holes in the rubber then just knock them out. dead easy.

youngsyp

matp5 said:
Wow, 30 seconds ;)

That's all good yougsyp, but I don't need a website to order Nissan parts. I need to know which "other" Nissan car (if there is any) that has the same ball joints as the 1991 Pulsar GTI-R.

thx
Well, that first site's offerings look identical to the original ones to me ?!

youngsyp

stumo said:
naa, put several (lots)drill holes in the rubber then just knock them out. dead easy.
I used a large 'G' clamp to press mine out with, no drilling or blow torch needed ;)

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
I used a large 'G' clamp to press mine out with, no drilling or blow torch needed ;)
I just removed the big c-clip, Then put it over a couple of bricks and give it a little love tap with a big hammer ;-) , No idea where the drilling and heat come's in to it :? :doh: .

Rob

youngsyp

Odin said:
I just removed the big c-clip, Then put it over a couple of bricks and give it a little love tap with a big hammer ;-) , No idea where the drilling and heat come's in to it :? :doh: .

Rob
They/we are referring to the rubber bushes in the front hinge point, not the ball joint ! ;)

O

Odin

youngsyp said:
They/we are referring to the rubber bushes in the front hinge point, not the ball joint ! ;)

Ok, yes you're right they are a right c*nt to get off :doh: :cry: .

Rob