balljoint lower arm

M

mathew23

can i change the bottom balljoint on lower arm. what lower arm can i use to fit nissan pulsar

abyss

you can use a press or just take the clip off and take a really big hammer and knock the shit out of it till it comes out, then knock the new one in fit clip and your sorted.

Last edited:

CruiseGTi-R

You can even get whole arms from jap breakers for around £20 a side. No need for any hassle of knocking out the joint etc.

Just make a point of asking that the ball joints must be in good nick.

gtir bean

better to spend about £15 on a brand new ball joint instead of £20 on a lower arm that the ball joint may only las a few months on.

matp5

So part# J4861020 would fit the Pulsar GTI-R 1991?

That's much better than spending 245$ (CAN) for a new control arm!!!

Trip

Do you remove the bushes the same way? I struggled for around 2hrs trying to get the bushes out of the lower arm without success.

O

Odin

matp5 said:
How hard is it to remove the lower arm? haven't looked at it yet

Its very easy mate, You have a big bracket toward the rear that is bolted under the car, And one bog bolt toward the front of the car and a ball joint to split, That's about it apart from the roll bar drop link.

Be warned though all the bolts will be tight as f*ck :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: .

Rob

matp5

Thanks!

Just waiting to see if Japarts will ship to Canada. Nissan wants 130 pounds for a new arm! So I'll try to find just the ball joint instead!

O

Odin

matp5 said:
Thanks!

Just waiting to see if Japarts will ship to Canada. Nissan wants 130 pounds for a new arm! So I'll try to find just the ball joint instead!

I fitted a couple of Nismo ball joints to my lower arms, But I think one of the Nissan's are the same and fit perfectly.

Rob

Trip

matp5 said:
Thanks!

Good Luck. I email them twice and asked if they could ship to Europe and they never got back. :thumbsup:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Trip said:
Do you remove the bushes the same way? I struggled for around 2hrs trying to get the bushes out of the lower arm without success.
Makes a big smelly mess but the best way is to burn them out with an oxycetalene/blow torch

Steve