Adapter plate for Z32 MAF

mds

I have bought one of these brackets it was supposed to alow me to fit the hks mushroom filter to my standard r, it did not!
Ask the seller alot of questions before purchasing thats my advice.
Good luck

Mr GTiR

mds said:
I have bought one of these brackets it was supposed to alow me to fit the hks mushroom filter to my standard r, it did not!
Ask the seller alot of questions before purchasing thats my advice.
Good luck
Have you still got the adapter?

pesh90

I'm sure ian @ hiteq has these for sale, not 100% sure though :oops:. I've got a z32 fitted on my R with an apexi air fliter, i'll have a look at the plate, you may be in luck i might be able to modify a spare plate with i've got on a another air fliter, will let you know tommorrow ;-)

Mr GTiR

pesh90 said:
I'm sure ian @ hiteq has these for sale, not 100% sure though :oops:. I've got a z32 fitted on my R with an apexi air fliter, i'll have a look at the plate, you may be in luck i might be able to modify a spare plate with i've got on a another air fliter, will let you know tommorrow ;-)
Cheers fella.

P

pulsarboby

pesh90 said:

if you can modify one, then can you do me one aswell please, as i also need one!

Braveheart

I have a z32 and apexi 80mm filter with no means of attaching them either....:doh: :oops:
Nothing like forward planing is there...:lol: :lol: :lol: maybe a tube of silicon.

Steve Pudney.... get you finger out and start a batch pls... :lol: ;-)

Mr GTiR

Someone phoned me ages ago and told me he was working on an adapter BUT i can't remember his name :doh:

Mr GTiR

Braveheart said:
Think man think..... :roll: :lol: ;-)
Sorry too much red wine for me tonight and my brain's gone to mush.....

Sh1t, i'm up in a few hours to take Ke's engine out :doh: :lol: :lol: :lol:

MarkTurbo

Mr GTiR said:
Sorry too much red wine for me tonight and my brain's gone to mush.....
Red wine :shock: Bloody northern poofs :lol: Sort yourself out Andy for f**ks sake and start drinking mans drinks again :wuss: :lol:

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
I have an Apexi alloy adapter that fits to the flanged end of the Z32 maf, I'll be running without a MAF shortly so will be able to remove this one

Not selling it right away though

What I will do though is take a look at it and see if I could turn (in my lathe) some new ones out of a lump of billet alloy

The other thing I WILL be doing in the near future is developing new alloy and stainless Z32 MAF housings, these will be replica's of the original apart from the fact that they will be hose couplings on both ends and shiny polished alloy/steel, so no need for an adapter to fit a filter on it. This will also mean the Z32 MAF will be easier to adapt for a blow through set up.

Steve

p.s. just thought though, what I could do is weld up some "not quite bling" adapters out of stainless/mild steel plate and pipe, that might appeal to you if you need something quickly as the alloy ones will be a few weeks yet.

Last edited:

Braveheart

stevepudney said:
I have an Apexi alloy adapter that fits to the flanged end of the Z32 maf, I'll be running without a MAF shortly so will be able to remove this one

Not selling it right away though

What I will do though is take a look at it and see if I could turn (in my lathe) some new ones out of a lump of billet alloy

The other thing I WILL be doing in the near future is developing new alloy and stainless Z32 MAF housings, these will be replica's of the original apart from the fact that they will be hose couplings on both ends and shiny polished alloy/steel, so no need for an adapter to fit a filter on it. This will also mean the Z32 MAF will be easier to adapt for a blow through set up.

Steve

p.s. just thought though, what I could do is weld up some "not quite bling" adapters out of stainless/mild steel plate and pipe, that might appeal to you if you need something quickly as the alloy ones will be a few weeks yet.
Steve you are a true gent to rise to the challenge :thumbsup: although I did not doubt for a moment that you would do anything other than... ;-)

I like the sound of your second option enabling the end user to mount the air intake filter anywhere... you can put me down for that.

Thanks and keep us posted!