500 wheel hp.

Mini

hello. I´m new here so i hope that i post in the right section :)

also hopes that you will help me answering some questions i have :)

i´ve become un pulsar gti-r owner soon and now i need to now if the GTi-R is the right car for me, and my purpose.

i wuld like to have a light car, 4wd and alot of power.
i will use the car on the streets, running 1/8 mile, and 1/4 mile also. need to run 1/8 mile in maby 6 seconds.

i wuld like to have about 500 whp, or what i will need!!!!. the sr20det engin it´s a good engin, i now. the car it´s small. is it possible to get a weight of about 1000kg (2204 pund) or less?? plastic windows, absolut no interior or sound isolation, but wiht a rollcage and bucket seats.
what dose your drag GTi-R weight?

and also some questionsabout the drivetrain.
what i can understand by reading here is that the gearbox sucks.
450hp then it will brake? special when hard driving and i wount show no mercy ;)
first to finnish wins...

find this one, expensive, but as i understud it will do the work good and not crash :p

http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?parentid=3&parent2id=15&parent3id=36&productid=50

i will also use the 5th gear kit.

what else can i use to have a safe gearbox? any other options?

i also wuld like to know what you think about the rest of the drivetrain? front and rare LSD? need to change i guess but what do you recommend?

here in sweden it´s werry hard to find parts for this car. so i wuld like to now were you find your parts, dosent matter were in the world, as long as the parts are good, durable and will work, for some serious streetracing ;P haha

some of the cars running v8 engins on 900-1000hp + noz and weigh about 1300kg (2800 pound), the GTi-R have 4wd which is good an slippery street asphalt.

to get a better picture of my purpose of the car. check out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOKsmPs-Eek&feature=related

i hope someone would like to help me out.
best regards.

Mini

Last edited:

Fast Guy

Moderators
Staff member
A 6sec 1/8th is a 9.5sec 1/4, so you'll have the worlds fastest Gtir when you do that.
500whp is about 666flywheel bhp so you'll also have one of the worlds most powerful Gtirs.

My light gtir is 1100kg at the moment. I could maybe get another 20-30kg off it before I have to start spending silly money (carbon propshaft etc) A rollcage could put 40kg back on.

Gearbox's are a problem at the moment. I think we're still waiting to see a straight cut ppg with a straight cut final drive go down the strip yet. Everything else has broke so far.

Modena in Austrailia do a front LSD.

GTiR-Aholic

Niiiiice lol
I'm currently planning a little project of my own but I believe 500whp is achieveable with the right setup but will still be very hard to achieve as putting it all down on the ground is not always as easy as it seems as I'm sure you're already aware.

Others on here will be able to shed more light on this I'm sure but you should do some deeper research.. bucket seats, rollcage, sound insulation, lexan windows etc.. they're all available for this car if you look hard enough.

Mini

A 6sec 1/8th is a 9.5sec 1/4, so you'll have the worlds fastest Gtir when you do that.
500whp is about 666flywheel bhp so you'll also have one of the worlds most powerful Gtirs.

My light gtir is 1100kg at the moment. I could maybe get another 20-30kg off it before I have to start spending silly money (carbon propshaft etc) A rollcage could put 40kg back on.

Gearbox's are a problem at the moment. I think we're still waiting to see a straight cut ppg with a straight cut final drive go down the strip yet. Everything else has broke so far.

Modena in Austrailia do a front LSD.
i will use parts in carbon, to get the wiight down.

ok. maby the gti-r wount be the right car for me?
un old rally car, i thought it wuld be easy to find parts ;P hell no.
haha.

my projekt hasent start yet, still running my nissan 200sx (180sx) whit skyline engin, but it´s hard whith rwd against the v8 mussle :D

so, the best gearbox that´s availableis this one i´ve bin looking at?
this one: http://www.ppgearbox.com.au/page.asp?parentid=3&parent2id=15&parent3id=36&productid=50

right?

haha hate the car alredy. believed that this car culd be a killer :p

dj1qy

anythin is possible if done correctly but would be good to see it happen a 9 sec pulsar fuckin ell!!!

Fusion Ed

Would be better off with an early ish Evo RS for this kind of thing. At least it wont eat gearboxes as fast...

Mini

Would be better off with an early ish Evo RS for this kind of thing. At least it wont eat gearboxes as fast...

or skyline r32 gtr.

i will whait, read alittle bit more about this car, pulsar GTi-R.
but it wuld be so cool to race whit the pulsar against the big american cars ;D

icecool70

Goodluck i think your need it fella...dont think your get anywhere near them cars but go for it and prove me wrong

gtir_pimp

feck me those v8s are fast as hell. better of building a jet car like the one at santa pod!

theres a thought. put a jet engine in a pulsar lol

Matty B

Yea, all EVO's are 4WD. Seen a couple of early EVO's running big power. Saw a 650 bhp EVO 3 a couple of years ago at the pod. Great cars the early ones.

GTiR-Aholic

I know they're powerful motors.. I see a 500hp evo on a dual carraigeway and I was in my R probably my 2nd R running about 250hp.. I just could NOT keep up.. at any speeds from off the lights even it just pissed all over me so yeah being 4WD makes sense now lol.

But I just don't like the look of them or the scoobies.. I love the GTR's though R33 upwards.. and some R32's with the right kit ;)

Matty B

Yea skylines are a nice car. I've not owned one but i've driven quite a few. I just think they are a bit big. I've had two early EVO's though, an EVO 1 and 3. Both were around the 300 hp mark and great cars to drive. Got really strong engines too.

Mini

i´ve got my answers. thanks, any webpage whit alot of aftermarketparts, like, front-, rare lsd. gearbox, engin parts, suspention. bla bla bla

GTiR-Aholic

Sorry mini.. looks like we hijacked your thread LOL.. well it depends - what car are you looking to get parts for? Pulsar or something else now?

Matty.. I've not had the opportunity to drive a skyline but for me it was either do my SR24DET project or get a R33 GTR... I decided to go with my R because it's smaller and gets me in & out of lanes nicely in this shitty london traffic! ;)

MORF114

Dont do it!!, The gtir has to be the crappest base car for your plans, mitsi is a much better option plus there is way more prts and r+d for the evo's with proven brutal results compared to the R.
Although i reckon a well setup 700+bhp drag GTR/GTS will be hard to beat.

Mini

ok. but if i schuld be more realistic then?
how many hp can i get at the wheel?
ofcourse alot of changes as lsd, gearbox and stuff. but is it possible to drive 450whp on the dragstip or maby just 400?

hope that someone can help me. thanks.
best regards, Robban

Mini

mini, see here:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SR20-Sr20det-...trkparms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1689|293:1|294:50

For your gearbox problems.........................?

i have done a rb25det convertion in my s13 i have now, and the rb25det gear box it´s BIG

is there room for that gearbox in a gtir?
rb25det it´s mounted on the wrong way if you have a gtir .
rb25det gearbox it´s RWD.
hard to belive that gearbox convertion wuld work on a pulsar? :?

ok the pulsar have the sr20 engin but i think that plate it´s for un s14 or s14a.

or am i wrong?

back to my hp problems ;)
been thinking a little.

if i upgrade gearbox, lsd, driveshalft and stuff, will it work to have like 450-500hp in the engin?

best regards. Mini