400bhp R hmm i smell shite

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Wasn't he a carpenter's son rather than a carpenter himself?... A chip off the old block maybe?

(I'm sorry, but it had to be done.)

chrism

I couldnt help myself so I sent a question to the seller. He said it was his mate that placed the ad and that he didnt know what hes talking about. But the new, improved revised spec is: cp pistons, top mount intercooler which I quote "is better as takes the air straight to the engine unlike the front mount intercoolers which makes the air have to travel up to the engine" :doh: , exedy clutch, short shift gearbox, tuned by hks, uprated driveshafts, hks blow off valve, new toughened cams, racing 12mm leads, uprated spark plugs to cope with the ht leads, plus a few other bits and bobs.

I usually dont ever hang anyone out like this but when someone is obviously just talking shite I couldnt give a shite either. Im fed-up of bullshitters bullshitting. I bought a car a while back and he claimed it had an uprated clutch, he thought it had uprated gearbox and possibly forged bits inside. I realised he was lying afterwards cos when I took it apart after it broke everything was standard.The only uprated part was the chip!!

GTIR1000

its got to be worth 7k its got those limited edition green neons and a 600 quid steering wheel waaaaaaaaa hahahaha

Mr B

Mmm the £7,000 GtiR now at £2,500 !
Has everything I avoid when looking for a car, poor respray, confused owner!, no receipts & every pathetic attempt possible to boost its appeal with doubtful statistics. Who ever buys this will have a bad introduction to a GtiR, quite clearly the sort of abused junk you need to avoid ...

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
I'm really trying not to slate him, and look at it objectively. - Like I said, I think he doesn't really know what he's got; he's going by what he was told when he bought it... and that's not always the most accurate information.

It's not for me, but that doesn't mean there isn't a buyer for it out there somewhere.

stee

This blokes head must be full of cartoons, he needs to give his head a wobble and put it st a reasonsble price like 2k hahaaa funny shit man

chrism

Pobody: youre maybe right about him just being confused, it could also be he´s just making it all up to try and bump the price up. Either way he-s talking shite. If he cant prove its got what youre saying then he should just shut her hole.

lakeview

id want the car for free really as well as a bit more for driving it away.£2000 in compensation for having that steering wheel and maybe £1000 for the trauma of having those neons on the car

rob