400bhp R hmm i smell shite

skiddusmarkus

Harharhar what a load of shite.Still looks standard to me bar some blue leads and an hks filter.

What's a stage 3 clutch anyway?Dip clutch, select gear, let clutch up.Durr 3 stages.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Has this been up for sale before; I definitely recognise it, and I don't think this is the same owner.

Anyway, 400bhp @ 0.5bar: that's the stage 3 turbo. :shock:
...which you can adjust from within the cabin...although you won't know what boost you've got because the gauge isn't plumbed-in.

How has it got a premium sound system... with no head unit fitted?

Since when were Momo wheels original fitment on even a limited edition GTi-R? Or is the wheel type named "Original"?

I still debate the claim that there were only ever 20 cars in "wintergreen", and I suspect there are more than three left (although maybe there's only three in the UK).

In fairness to the vendor, I don't think he really knows what he's got. I'd guess most of these claims are based on what he as told by the person he bought it off; for example forged pistons, but maybe not a forged engine? Given the sticker on the back, I'd take a guess that it has CP pistons... or maybe an engine that was in this car at one point was forged.

lakeview

seen it earlier seems to have re-listed about 4 times since last night looked quite good when i seen it on my iphone,but looking on the computer looks abit tatty.would have been tempted at £2500 for it but id not pay £7500 for it

rob

whytie

There are loads of winter green cars, I've seen 3 in the flesh within this year plus loads on the Internet. There has got to be around 100-200 of them certainly not 20

John

There are loads of winter green cars, I've seen 3 in the flesh within this year plus loads on the Internet. There has got to be around 100-200 of them certainly not 20
There definately isn't 20 of them, I think this has been confirmed many times so I don't understand why people always claim it. True figure is around 56 according to FAST, so who knows how many are actually remaining but I would assume because of the percieved rarity of them that as a percentage not many have been stripped or scrapped like the other regular colours.

As for this tool selling his car he is clearly a mong, 400bhp hahaha, who is he trying to kid?

This comment alone sums it up for me though:

"forged pistons"

Then on the next line

"i think it has a forged engine but not 100% sure"

Hmmm...

gazgstar

This guy must be on crack thinking hes going to get 7k for that thing:lol: To be honest it doesnt even look winter green, it seems a shade too light to me

John

Wasn't it that there was only 20ish winter green uk sunnys. This would be more believable.
There weren't any winter green UK cars I believe, the 20 is just total heresay as no one really knows the true number since it was a limited run colour but not a limited edition, so not officially tracked by Nissan like a normal special edition would be. The Australian owners club went through FAST and managed to find 56 of them on the database, so this number is probably as close to the "official" number of Winter Green R's as you are ever going to get.

And Gaz you're right, looks a good few shades lighter than mine, not to say it isn't a proper DL2 Pulsar but its obviously had a respray at some stage.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
And Gaz you're right, looks a good few shades lighter than mine, not to say it isn't a proper DL2 Pulsar but its obviously had a respray at some stage.
That would explain the colour-coded plastic (including the scoop)... and why the arch trims are missing.

I think this sold on the Modifier's site... or maybe it was up for sale, then the guy decided he didn't want to sell... then he did...

Mark, I hate to say it... but you have a point.

pulsar_stu

That would explain the colour-coded plastic (including the scoop)... and why the arch trims are missing.

I think this sold on the Modifier's site... or maybe it was up for sale, then the guy decided he didn't want to sell... then he did...

Mark, I hate to say it... but you have a point.
Its not the one off modifiers George, billy bought the only wintergreen one up for sale on there and thats now in germany.

this one was for sale on ebay about 8 months ago. it was parked next to a fence in the last ebay add.

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
Thanks Stu - so I saw it on the other site... and we'd mentioned that it looked a bit ropey the last time it was for sale. - I'm sure it's actually shown-up a couple of times, but you're right that it was Billy who bought that one that was for sale, then it wasn't, then it was. He put it back to standard IIRC.

gazgstar

There weren't any winter green UK cars I believe, the 20 is just total heresay as no one really knows the true number since it was a limited run colour but not a limited edition, so not officially tracked by Nissan like a normal special edition would be. The Australian owners club went through FAST and managed to find 56 of them on the database, so this number is probably as close to the "official" number of Winter Green R's as you are ever going to get.

Yeah its definately a few shades lighter than my old mans winter green. They cant be as rare as what has been quoted as only 20 made, although I would reckon there must be less than a dozen in the uk.

pulsar_stu

Thanks Stu - so I saw it on the other site... and we'd mentioned that it looked a bit ropey the last time it was for sale. - I'm sure it's actually shown-up a couple of times, but you're right that it was Billy who bought that one that was for sale, then it wasn't, then it was. He put it back to standard IIRC.
It was already totaly standard mate.

Billy had the engine rebuilt because it had a bottom end knock.

pulldog was selling it iirc

Has to be one if not the cleanest wintergreen standard gtir in the world?