3071 group buy! interest?

ashills

2-3 days probably we have enough people now for group buy and we are ordering first one tomorrow and checking stock for the rest of the guys

F

Fusion Ed

Fitting for those who want it will be around £150 + parts (varies depending on system) ofcourse we will give advice if you decide to DIY the whole thing.

M

minimivic

I'm not worried about the fitting mods etc, but what else will I need to get the 3071 working on my car? (Injectors, FMIC,etc) or can I fit it as a standard replacement for now with the option to boost more later?
I have a mongoose exhaust, K&N filter, SSQV dump valve,Greddy profec B boost controller just so you know.

bopper

Choice of 0.64 and 0.86 AR

is it the higher the ar the more power and more lag or the other way round, sorrry not to clued up on turbos.

O

Odin

bopper said:
Choice of 0.64 and 0.86 AR

is it the higher the ar the more power and more lag or the other way round, sorry not to clued up on turbos.

With this turbo I'd defo go with the 0.86 AR housing matey, You wont regret it at all ;-) , That way you will keep pulling hard right through the rev rang 8) ....

Rob

ashills

the .86 will have about 500rpm more lag but will pull better top end
personally i would say go with the ,64 as if u wanted more power than this turbo can do u might aswell go tro a t3 flanged turbo so u have scope for a fair bit more when needed

A

a11ova

spoke to allen yesterday with my requirements ;) With a bit of luck should be purchasing my new turbo today :D

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
Thunder God said:
With this turbo I'd defo go with the 0.86 AR housing matey, You wont regret it at all ;-) , That way you will keep pulling hard right through the rev rang 8) ....

Rob
An exactly how would you know that little gem of info :lol:

Believe me you will not be disapointed with the power delivery from the 3071R with the .64 ar turbine housing, from the moment it comes on boost, mine hits full boost by 3000 rpm and will pull harder and harder untill the engine is valve bouncing down the road :thumbsup:

Steve

P.S. Ed, I need to make another appointment to up the boost a little and finalise the mapping

Dooie Pop Pop

Thunder God said:
So was I :lol: :lol: :lol: , When it blew up on the rollers the other week we noticed that it was set to 1.3 bar :thumbsup: , I think I'd swap the extra power for stu's quick spool up though :cry: ...

Rob
:wave:

i was running 1.6 at redline with ****ed leads and a load of fuel being chucked out the back:oops: the graph reading was taken at 6400rpm not the 7100rpm peak id normally expect from hks cams. it was also slow to spoolup with full boost at after 4500 not at 4000rpm where it was previously:lol: both myself and dave (rayman) noted that he didn' t just floor the throttle at the start of the run maybe to avoid the wheelspin id got on previous rr' s either way it wasn' t right on the day:roll: :doh:

another thing to take into account is my (ex Ginga) intake which is actually .25" narrower than the 2 and 3/4 turbo inlet:doh: :doh: :doh: so that slows it down a little at high boost. as soon as mjp find my rear calipers (lost for 3 1/2 weeks and counting) i' ll be on the phone after a retune with the 3" inlet;-)

glad to see a few other people have 'seen the light' and bought a proper turbo:nerner:

stu

stevepudney

GTiROC CHAIRMAN
Staff member
JIMMYBACK said:
there just following me if jimmy can do it anyone can:lol: :lol: :lol: ;-)
Wouldn't "to follow" imply that others are behind you, yours isn't out of the garage yet is it ??

I can think of quite a few 3071R's on the road now................

Jimmy, don't get me wrong mate but I wouldn't follow you anywhere :der: :lol:

F

Fusion Ed

Yeah two have already been paid for :) and will be sent out next week

F

Fusion Ed

Would it interest people if I supplied all the needed silicone pipework as well? (for an additional cost of course!)

F

Fusion Ed

The slight problem is everyones system pipework may be slightly different. I could do it custom to each one, basically its samco style silicone pipework but better quality.

F

Fusion Ed

I need to know a few examples really of what may be needed for people on here.

JIMMYBACK

mr pudney mine is up n running great just needed edd to finalise mapping now its happy at 1.4 bar:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Last edited: