3071 group buy! interest?

F

Fusion Ed

Allen and I have had allot of interest in the 3071 turbos recently. We know how unrealistically cheap they can be from the US, but we also know that the us 3071s are not directly suited to the GTi-R.

So we have come up with the following:

Fusion Motorsport / TD Specification 3071R GTi-R turbos:

Compressor housing
2 3/4 inch compressor inlet -so it clears the gearbox
2 inch compressor outlet

Turbine housing
Standard T2 fitments for the GTi-R manifold
Standard 5 bolt outlet for GTi-R spec downpipes
Choice of 0.64 and 0.86 AR

1bar uprated actuator and bracket designed for the GTi-R

These turbos will produce in excess of 400-450bhp, and spool faster and sooner than the stock turbos. They can be fitted on the standard oil and water lines. The only thing that needs to be altered to fit one of these is the oil return to the sump, this is a simple modification and we can advise where needed.

So how much for all this? Our new retail is £1000, and if we get around 4-5 orders we will drop this to £950. Postage is £15.

We already have one confirmed... :) interested?

ashills

where was your turbo sourced from ?
prices are nearly £200 less than we used to retail at and are uk built and supplied (with a warrenty) from who we feel are probably the best turbo builders in the country
we dont want this thread to be a " american turbo's are cheaper" thread
just offering a group buy as long as ts all ok with the mods/admin of course

O

Odin

To be honest I think its a good deal, Mic yours didn't include the buggering around that your mate had to do while making you a new actuator bracket !!!!!.

I know just how hard it can be to get a new actuator bracket made up D'oh, Plus you have to spin the housing around to the right position, Not a hard job really, But for someone that doesn't know what there doing it could be tricky...

Edd make sure you get longer bolts for the two that hold on the actuator bracket because mine kept coming lose, Until I bought slightly longer bolts...

Oh and it will come with a new actuator, What more could a mong want for christmas lol.

Rob

GTiR_Mic

My turbo was sourced from ATP with discount for GTiROC members.

Im not trying to start who has cheaper turbo thread at all, im just stating my opnion which I am allowed to do.

Mic

ashills

we can also have the waste gate penny ported to suite people with full 3" system as otherwise boost creep is possible

ashills

GTiR_Mic said:
My turbo was sourced from ATP with discount for GTiROC members.

Im not trying to start who has cheaper turbo thread at all, im just stating my opnion which I am allowed to do.

Mic
fair play mate but this is from a uk source that is normally near double usa prices
we always say to people if they want to buy from USA etc go ahead but for instance if you have a warrenty failure its gonna cost you at least £60 to send the turbo back to them at your own cost thats if they are even interested
but anyway nyone who wants more info etc just pm ed or me

F

Fusion Ed

Just to add to my origional post, we can also supply the 3076 range of turbos if there is interest.

O

Odin

Like I said I think it's a good deal for the members, My turbo was still £1070 from the states and it isn't as good as the 3071R, It may get me more power but its a tad laggy lol, I might be up for one of these myself after christmas Edd/Allan .....

Does that £1000 price tag include V.A.T guys ?......

Rob

rayman75

i could also be intersted, edd mate, will have to speak to me bird, as she hates me buying anything for the car, she refuses to get in it as it is.

will keep an eye on this. well done guys.

ChrisS

So will the turbo bolt straight up to the standard manifold with no further mods needed?

Could well be interestred. Could you give a rough idea of how much diference the 0.64 to 0.86 A/R makes to spool up and ultimate power capability.

ashills

will bolt straight to standard manifold a few little mods are needed to fit but all very simple
there wount be a great deal of difference between the 2 housings in power gains the bigger houing will breath better top end with maybe a few 100 rpm worse spool up

dooie is using a .64 housing and has made 420bhp at 1.7-8 bar
an evo we supplied the 3076 to but with a gt40 compressor cover only made 440 at 2 bar on a 2.3 stroker lump with good cams so i think the T25 flange and exhaust outlet is the limiting factor on these turbos with regard to bhp limits

but upto 450 is still a god limit for a straight bolt on turbo we recon

Last edited: