Wot is in a bump steer kit?

W

WoOsH

as the subject. i have read another thread that says its just 2 rose jointed track rod ends, is this right?

youngsyp

WoOsH said:
as the subject. i have read another thread that says its just 2 rose jointed track rod ends, is this right?
That is essentially what it is but, the kit also includes the rods for the bearing of the rosejoint to attach to the steering arm (not track arm). These are tapered at the steering arm end for fit and have been engineered to give enough clearance to the rosejoint to allow complete movement as necessary !

jonee

r

in answer to your question

what is a bump steer kit.

its a f*cking rip off is what it is.

they last a couple of trackdays if i'm lucky

jonee

kyepan

Re: r

jonee said:
in answer to your question

what is a bump steer kit.

its a f*cking rip off is what it is.

they last a couple of trackdays if i'm lucky

jonee
try dust covers mate..

jonee

r

i have tried dust covers :cry:

i have now got a hoover in the car with the pipes going to the track rod ends. its my last attempt :D :D :D

jonee

kyepan

jonee said:

i have now got a hoover in the car with the pipes going to the track rod ends. its my last attempt :D :D :D

jonee
lol, they can't be that bad.

jonee

kyepan said:
jonee said:

jonee
sunday at brands was there 2nd track day and they are so f*cked that they are in intencive care :D :D

oh ive just been told that thev'e switched off the machine :cry:

bye bye rose jointed i can't believe your made of butter track rod ends.

jonee

kyepan

jonee said:
kyepan said:
jonee said:

jonee
sunday at brands was there 2nd track day and they are so f*cked that they are in intencive care :D :D

oh ive just been told that thev'e switched off the machine :cry:

bye bye rose jointed i can't believe your made of butter track rod ends.

jonee
you can get different grades of rose joint, and i belive you can get ceramic coated ones... perhaps the ones you had were pony quality.. :shock:

jonee

r

the joints i have supplied are aircraft grade so i was expecting them to last more than two track days.

but i do drive her hard so they are now servicable items as the consequence of that part failing are unthinkable.

jonee

kyepan

jonee said:
the joints i have supplied are aircraft grade so i was expecting them to last more than two track days.

but i do drive her hard so they are now servicable items as the consequence of that part failing are unthinkable.

jonee
just out of interest what is the part number of the rose joint your using, i have a contact that might be able to find some more hard wearing ones.. if there are more hard wearing than aircraft grade ones. :)