Wiscombe hillclimb last weekend

MarkTurbo

I've been threatening to do some sprints and hillclimbs in my sunny for a couple of years now and last weekend was my first event. Ended up 5th in class on Saturday and 7th on Sunday (it rained so i was taking it easy :lol:) that was out of 12 drivers so i'm fairly happy with that for a first attempt.

And apart from a few gear selection issues the car made it through the whole weekend with no real problems 8)

Heres some of the event pictures (on page 2 & 3) and a video filmed by one of my friends.

http://www.teltphotography.com/H-040910-A4.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0v795EDtCE4

dencon

Good to see you there Mark. if Stuart had not been on holiday we would have had four Rs there. two black, your white, and my yellow. glad you enjoyed
yourself. im afraid it is the same old story with gearchanging on hills as you have to change in funny places when you run out of revs.
I,ve cured most of my problems by having solid nylon egine mounts, den.

MarkTurbo

Me or Den?
Carl, me or Den?

im afraid it is the same old story with gearchanging on hills as you have to change in funny places when you run out of revs.
I,ve cured most of my problems by having solid nylon egine mounts, den.
Den, i remember you telling me about the problems of having to change gear in awkward places but it wasn't there i was having trouble getting gears. After my 3rd run on saturday the gearchange into 3rd and 4th went very stiff, something has happened inside the box as all other gears are fine. This box has been in the car for about 5 years now since i last rebuilt it and has had a lot of abuse so its due a rebuild really.

Thanks for all your help and advice at the weekend and in the weeks leading upto the event, do you know the results of the Wiscombe championship yet?

I might try and do one more event this year (possibly castle combe sprint) and i'm looking forward to next year now. I'm aiming to do all the rounds of the wiscombe championship, Castle hillclimb, Llandow sprint and possibly a few others 8)

MarkTurbo

That was last year, it was just a small sprint series with a coned off course on a disused airfield near me organised by a local car club. I did 6 of them with 4 wins, one 2nd place, and one 4th place. They were quite useful for playing about with suspension set ups and finding out what works and what dosen't.