Wipers

GTIR-NZ

Hi All, not sure what I have done but my front wipers have started to turn themselves on and off even when the lever is in the off position.
any ideas?

Cheers

Mad

Hi All, not sure what I have done but my front wipers have started to turn themselves on and off even when the lever is in the off position.
any ideas?

Cheers
Lol at the comments. Sounds like a couple of the wires are touching around your steering column.

GTIR-NZ

You could be right re wires touching in steering column as I did put in some missing screws thinking it would stop the dash vibrating so much. Will have a nosey at the weekend.is there a relay switch in the steering column for the wipers as well as under the bonnet?

Jon Olds

My rally car has started to do this also. Cant see the attachment, anybody care to enlighten me how to fix this?
thanks
Jon

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
My rally car has started to do this also. Cant see the attachment, anybody care to enlighten me how to fix this?
thanks
Jon
I think the answer is "buy replacement switches". - That has to be easier than trying to rebuild them.

Jon Olds

Found a new switch 'in stock' (broke a couple of cars nearly 10 years ago and it still surprises me how much stuff I have left!)
Fixed (I think) Next weekend Jack Frost Rally will prove it either way
Croft Sunday 19th
Ta
Jon