Wierd front end noise when turning, small bumps

CanadianR

When I go to turn sometimes, the front end will "knock". I have no idea what it could be, some people have guess that it could be bushings, etc. I have looked under the car for loose parts or parts that are hitting eachother, and there is no sign of anything wrong anywhere. CV joints are tight and no rips, tears or wear.

Any ideas?

A

another sunny

i have the same knock as you, i think it is the top mount on the dampers as i had the same happen on my last gtir

CanadianR

top mounts . . . . ok, is there a way to fix them? would these things also be the cause of my wheel shaking at higher speeds (like 100 km/h+)?

J

jpward

Does it do it more on Left bends than right?

Possibly the upper right engine mount quick buchers should tell you if it is torn?

J

jpward

Jeddeh said:
how do I check this?
Step 1 open drivers door
Step 2 pull bonnet catch
Step 3 open safety catch on bonnet and apply prop
Step 4 facing engine bay on your left you should see 4" circular piece of metal with rubber inside in kind of a cross shape, Look at the thinner part and note if you can see right the way through

Top tip get someone to rev engine as you look for excess movement

Step 5 reverse order 3 thru 1

:thumbsup:

antgtir

Also check your track rod ends arent worn, get under the car and apply force to them, if they move excessively then they will need to be replaced.

Ant.