Wideband 02...

J

justin666

Myself and a few friends are looking at all chippin in and getting hold of a wideband 02 meter. As yet I dunno if this is gonna be a complete stand alone unit or summat that requires pluggin into a laptop and to be honest I dont know whats best :doh: :?

So, any advice??? places to get um.??? Cost ect.???

Cheers

J.

CruiseGTi-R

Hi mate, I've done a bit of research just recently on these too.

I looked at the Zietronics ZT-2, PLX Devices (various), Dynojet, LM-1 and Haltech units. There are loads more too.

Bloody minefield of different options and features.

The ones I looked at were all data loggers too which come with various software, so they offer a bit more than stand alone wideband O2.

Be very careful as some units are utter bollocks without being able to be accurately calibrated and hence returning pointless afr's etc.

I bought an R500 from plx devices. Its seems a bit pricey but not too bad when you consider that it comes with an EGT + Wideband O2 sensors, full data logging of practically all ECU data, knock, tps, wideband o2 (convertable to narrow band for ecu and gauge output and linkable to any aftermarket ecu), egt, engine load, etc etc, seems a good bit of kit, lots of race teams use it so quite reassuring.

It should arrive shortly so i'll do a post to show how i've found it.

A

AJ4

I've got the wb02 one, got it as a kit and made at home, quite easy. Very good quality, works pretty well.

N

Ninja_tune_factory

search google and there lot of places that are doin the Wideband 02 for good prices

Mad

have you had any problems with the sensors using the wb02 ? I've been through three of them now :( I don't think stuffing them in the tailpipe does them much good, so I'm sticking to putting them in the manifold / downpipe only now.

Just wondered if you had any problems as well.

MarkTurbo

God said:
have you had any problems with the sensors using the wb02 ? I've been through three of them now :( I don't think stuffing them in the tailpipe does them much good, so I'm sticking to putting them in the manifold / downpipe only now.

Just wondered if you had any problems as well.
The only problem i had was the wire clip i made to hold the sensor down the exhaust wasnt really man enough so now and again it would fire the sensor out the exhaust at high revs:lol: No problems with the actual sensor, i've just machined up a threaded boss and bung to weld on the frontpipe so i can just stick the sensor in when its needed;-)

A

AJ4

likewise. I just wondered if having the sensor end-on to the exhaust flow would have been mucking them up or something. Works fine when its in the downpipe at 90 degrees.

J

justin666

Some quality advice again guys :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Gonna start looking into a few now I know what people have been using :-D

J.