Whiteline Rear subframe lock kit - help needed!

boucherie

Guys & Girls,

i went to fit my whiteline subframe kit this afternoon, and the way the instructions are worded would mean that i would be putting a torsional twist across the rear driveshaft and surrounding parts when the subframe is lowered. Roughly how much would i need to lower the subframe in order for me to put one of the small rings at the top of the rear mount??

Naturally i want to reduce the amount of angle and twist, to prevent any damage occuring.

Cheers

Keira

iirc the pins the subframe bolts onto are about 75-90mm long, i wouldn't worry, theres plenty of movement in the shafts to allow it.

the bolts will however be very tight if they're anything like mine were

boucherie

seems like alot of hassle for the sake of 4 bushes!! im sure i remember someone else on here was fitting this kit, but cant remember who! what i might do, is just fit the bushes in the standard arragement as opposed to the 'drift' setting that i was going for

boucherie

keiron - if the bolts are anything like the ones holding the rear ARB in place then they'll need a good squirt of WD40 before i even think bout moving them! Whats the easiest way to remove the old bushes, will they drop out or will they need cutting and pulling out?

O

Odin

The old subframe bushes don't get removed or cut out :shock: YOU NUMPTY, Try reading it again :wink: .

The new bushes sit on top or underneath the subframe depending on what setting your going for :roll: :wink: .

rob

boucherie

Cheers rob im glad i asked now otherwise id have been well and truely up s h i t creek without a paddle :!: :roll: :!:

Keira

knew someone was talking about it..

fitted my subframe lock bushes this morning, gone for all round, can see what they do now they're on, sort of pinches up around the cups 8)

O

Odin

boucherie said:
Cheers rob im glad i asked now otherwise id have been well and truely up s h i t creek without a paddle :!: :roll: :!:
Your welcome buddy :wink:

rob