Where did this hose go?

AFDanHef

I found this hose that comes off the bottom of the intake manifold and goes no where. What does it do and where is it suppose to go? How bad is it that I've been driving around for years with it disconnected?

MarkTurbo

Its meant to be like that, the screw for the idle adjustment is inside it so nothing to worry about ;-)

MarkTurbo

I was going to tell him it was the vacuum hose for the gigawatt generator last night and that his car will be seriously down on power with it like that............................but i was feeling kind :lol:

RO_SUNNY

If the end is loose you will have big problems like the car wont idle properly and it will run very rich due to fact that you have an air leak.

But if the end is blocked .....no worryes

AFDanHef

hmmm well thanks for not making me feel like a complete dumb ass. :der:

My R is running rich and I was hoping that could be the problem .... but of course it's never that simple. Also, my idle is high at 1000 rpm, sometimes as high as 1200 rpm. So I guess I did learn something here. I just turn the screw to bring the idle down or up?

Last edited:

PobodY

Moderators
Staff member
You'll probably find that someone has tried that already and it's in as far as it will go. :lol: