wheel bearing fitting

M

mynheers_a_pint

Another retarded question but i thought it better to ask than pay the garage for even more sodding work.

Simple question really, how easy is it to fit a new rear wheel bearing? Any specific pointers and more importantly, any Pulsar specific things to bear in mind? I've not tried before and i have no idea how hard it is and feel it is worth giving it a go. If i don't cock it up.

Ta. :oops:

nex

Bearing is pressed into the hub, bearing you can pick up for £45 quid delivered.

Some people use a vice, etc etc to press the bearing out/in of the hub but i just took the hub off the car and down to my local garage who pressed the old one out and new one in 5 mins flat for a drink. Hub off the car is a 10 minute job, unless something is really stuck lol

vss irvine

if you have abs be careful with the sensor and ring.

if anything, the long bolt that goes through the 2 link bars and hub will be seized,
if it is and you remove them at the subframe end, you'll have to get the alignment re-done.

front and rear wheel bearings are the same part number. and the same as a 1.6sr n14 sunny front wheel bearing.

M

mynheers_a_pint

no ABS so thats ok. And i already need to get my alignment done so perhaps it is a better plan to just give it to the garage?

M

mynheers_a_pint

wasn't the wheel bearing...

...1 thing of locktite later and the suspension is no longer loose :doh:

What a massive tw@t.

darkyGTI-R

While we're on subject of wheel area,my R has developed like a clicking noise from the left lower passenger area not got worse or better but bloody annoying any ideas?
My immediate point of thought would be either bushes or suspension area?