whats the best plan

MarkTurbo

Edd said:
for serious braking and certain power you got to have the ability to slow down, especially if you drive like a c*nt :lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah i think i'd rather go for 4 pots over bigger rotors any day. 4 pots will be plenty for my car cos i'll be a few bhp short of yours Edd :lol: Those AP 6 pots are top class though 8) By the way, the recirc pipe on that caliper (the one that links one side to the other) is supplied to AP by Goodridge. So just remember i could have made it :wink: :shock: :lol: :lol:

skiddusmarkus

I thought the idea of external wategates was to help with back pressure and to stop internal wastegates being forced open leaking boost.Unles you're going to run a lot of boost in the future,it seems a waste of effort for only 1bar.
Saying that though you can buy flanges that block off the internal one so you can make a nice true 3" elbow off the turbo 8) ,so will be gaining there 8) .

N

Ninja_tune_factory

when ya aint got loads of cash bigger rotas are the only option :roll: :roll: :? , and i aint sayin that id never buy bigger calipers iver . coz i had brake fade and it 5hits ya up when you go in to a roundabout at 100+mph and ya cant stop :lol:

anyway how long would a r last with a engine like we are all chatin about ?

chrisniss91

lionel_white_R said:
TBH i think it all goes down to who mapps it as i've found out to my cost.
Some people run 1.3 on standard internals nicely set up others blow at 1.2 bar or 1.1 etc

E

Edd

lionel_white_R said:
when ya aint got loads of cash bigger rotas are the only option :roll: :roll: :?
erm i never said bigger rota's weren't a good idee. people's budgets are different and i don't expect everyone to need to get 4/6 pots, but just commenting on a high powerered car i see them as essential. And if someone is beuilding a 400bhp + R then if they haven't the budget to fit some decent brakes then they are doing the wrong thing spending on the engine :roll:

lionel_white_R said:
no idea :? :lol:
as chris says its down to how well the cars mapped really, but i don't see why it shouldn't last a long time if its built correctly, serviced correctly, set up correctly and it doesnt get overreved, overboosted it should last a long time.
I'll let you know when my blows :lol: :shock: :cry:

Mr GTiR

chrisniss91 said:
Didnt adrian cash get 382bhp at 1.1bar, and when it was rolling roaded another totally standard pulsar got 227bhp
Cashy, had a FULL engine rebuild. Bottome end upwards and had a very good hybrid turbo on :wink: