whats the best plan

N

Ninja_tune_factory

hi all............................

for a change iv had some money luck :D :D :D :D :D and im now looking for more power i made 270 at a rrday but that was with a bleed valve, im looking at getin the boost up and past a bar .

i dont no what to buy , im looking at getin a boost and fuel controller but now im finking would it be beter to get a power fc of sumin like that :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

how good is the fc with the fc boost controller also how much is it to map the fc ?? or whats the greedy kit like
also if i was to get a boost controller i was looking at getin a evc5 but i was told there a c**t to set up is this right ?

just like some help with this as i stuck

thanks lionel.

A

Anonymous

i was speakin to nick at powerstation tuesday and he said how many gtirs he's seen with fooked engines after running more than 1bar boost :(

however we all know a lot of people have and still do.....

Mr GTiR

Hudson said:
i was speakin to nick at powerstation tuesday and he said how many gtirs he's seen with fooked engines after running more than 1bar boost :(
they need to be set up properly, i ran mine on 1.2 bar for years on stock internals and John Williett still runs his at 1.1 bar at 342bhp!!

Lionel - to run one bar on Power FC is a waste of money IMO. If you want to run 1.2+ boost then gor for it but stock GTiR internals will last if set up properly.

MarkTurbo

Sorry to hijack your thread lionel :lol: But.....

Mr GTiR said:
John Williett still runs his at 1.1 bar at 342bhp!!
What mods has he got for that sort of power at 1.1 bar? And how is the fuelling controlled?

Mr GTiR

MarkTurbo said:

Mr GTiR said:
What mods has he got for that sort of power at 1.1 bar? And how is the fuelling controlled?
R32 front mount intcooler, Scorpion exhaust, s/s airintake pipe, uprated fuel pump (i think), bleed valve, Unichip ECU and HKS cams.

John is the only person i have seen produce this amount of power on these little mods!! Also, he's not safe let loose in a car and will race ANYTHING on the road the looney :p

N

Ninja_tune_factory

fcuk thats not much ur fcuking right , good goin to him , i fink il look at going down that road , top one andy :D :wink:

GINGA

Power fc or emanage
boost controller of some form
front mount of some form even diy the standard one up front
uprated fuel pump
spark plugs
You could see anything upto 350bhp with upto 1.4bar boost 8)
For alittle extra safety water injection could be added (see group buy)
with it all properly setup you'll have a very quick car for not alot of money 8)

MarkTurbo

Hopefully this should be my spec when i get round to getting mine back on the road :roll:
Blitz sus filter, full mongoose system, walbro fuel pump, greddy plugs, 1.2mm hks headgasket, Evo 6 front mount, tubular manifold with external wastegate :twisted: Running 1 bar.

Any comments? Bhp? Just want to know what people think? I know i dont really need the tubular manfold and external wastegate but its going on anyway :roll: + the neighbours will love it :wink:

Should be a bit of an improvement over standard boost + filter and exhaust :lol: I'm thinking about some kind of aftermarket ecu and a bit more boost in the future but 4 pots need to come first after those mods :D

N

Ninja_tune_factory

i remember me a ginga chat on msn about running big hp with stock motoa , sound like a plan

E

Edd

external wastegate on std turbo sounds like a lot of hassle and expense for little or no gain except the noise of a wastegate, also the effot to fabricate new front pipe, manifold, screamer pipe, intake, outlet plus price of wastegate seems :?

get some real brakes :wink:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :oops:

GINGA

As long as your motors sound its all down to the tuning as long as you don't get any det it should be fine 8) the only trouble is when your running so close to the limits and on such a old car the simplest things can cause det :( slightly bad tank of fuel, dodgy plug, slight fuel flow problem and you've got broken pistons :cry:

chrisniss91

MarkTurbo said:

Mr GTiR said:
Didnt adrian cash get 382bhp at 1.1bar, and when it was rolling roaded another totally standard pulsar got 227bhp

MarkTurbo

Stop showing off your new brakes gayboy :lol: :lol: :lol:

The manifold shouldnt be a problem once i've put my tig welding skills to good use the turbo should sit in its original position :wink: So no need to change the frontpipe. Wastegates arent too expensive from the states. The fabrication might take a while but i've got plenty of spare time :wink:

N

Ninja_tune_factory

to be far you dont need to go out and spend fcuking 5hit loads of cash on big brakes , just go and buy some bigger rotas , pimps got just bigger rotas and hes got 460+hp so the standed calipers must fcuking work well :D but im not say they aint nice

+ the ex wastgate sound so cool :D :D :D 8) 8) 8)

E

Edd

IIRC Adrian cash ran 1.2/3 bar not as low as 1.1, but then again my car made 431bhp on 1.3 bar :shock:

If you've got the welding skills then go for it as it;ll be a nice cheap job and will look smart and certainly be different, although not sure if by having a much bigger wastegate it will effect a smal turbo :?:

As for pimp 460+ :lol: I've known Bruce 4 years now and i think deep down he will admit the car is never 460+ and isn't even proven 400+ He's a good lad so i'm not going to slag him off as i have much respect for him and what he's done BUT it aint that much power, unless you believe everything you read in magazines.....in which case believe away.

I agree, my brake setup should cost around £1700 with the 6 pots, but i paid a lot less than that, im sure pimps brake setup runs well but i think for serious braking and certain power you got to have the ability to slow down, especially if you drive like a c*nt :lol: :lol: :lol:

End of the day 500bhp in a nissan sunny is quite an unreal thought to most people so huge brakes that stop the car well is a necessity imo, not saying other cheaper alternatives aren't any good, but i know if i avoid a crash because the AP's stopped me sooner than hispecs/oversize disc then i'll know it's been money well spent 8)